Re: GSSL add-on help thread
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »
Thank's for answering,

@Paul : with heavy Drum and high threshold it seems to be differents ratio... Not very clear but more compression at 10:1 than 2:1...
@Scrip : my ratio connection is good and I know about the resistors. Mine are 120K because I have the THAT2181 VCA (reffering to Matt Fisher table).

Ok, now I plugged 1 SSC+Turbo according to the schematic attached and I still have a lot of distortion.
I know it's not ICs.

Any idea please ?

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2020, 05:06:37 AM »
Any hint please ?

Script

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2020, 05:53:03 AM »
Hard to hint. Approach by locating/eliminating.

You say that without the Turbo board  (i.e., classic gssl board is monoing stereo signal through 2 X 47K's) really everything worked fine?

Then, installing the SSC filter board
(I.e., monoing stereo signal at input of SSC filter board) everything is still fine?

(1)
You get distortion only in Turbo mode (i.e., without SSC filter boards in the path, which would have a 47K onboard)?

(2)
You get distortion also in Aarhus mode with SSC filter boards?

If (1) check for
- Solder blob shorting on Turbo board.
- All T board traces for continuity.
- Wrong scaling resistor / component / component orientation somewhere on T board.

If (2) check
- Switch Aar/Oxf
- Wiring

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2020, 06:02:03 AM »
Thank's Script.
I'll check again in that way.

Script

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2020, 09:10:19 PM »
You have distortion when THR is at minimum?  You are driving the ICs too hot? Wrong resistor in audio path (output) IC feedback loops? Just a wild guess.

Try to eliminate/locate. Try to describe behaviour of unit in different configurations.

« Reply #125 on: Today at 05:17:31 AM »
Ok today I restart from no Add-on.
I'll give news very soon.