Hairball Audio: 1176 Stereo Linking PCBs Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have some grounding problem. Get noise when turn output pot and hum when wire IEC to chassis. Now i have wired output pot leg 1 and stereo link ground to chassis. Not have wired main pcb ground to chassis. But when i get touch to chassis then noise is gone.

Is my grounding right?

Used this diagram
http://www.wuala.com/ricothetroll/public/Stereo-Link_wiring.gif

Do i need connect output pot directly to chassis or how? And it give noise only when output pot body get contact from chassis.

late said:
Do i need connect output pot directly to chassis or how? And it give noise only when output pot body get contact from chassis.

Stereo link must be wire to chassis Ground...
Output pot to main board 16 - 15 - 17

germoju said:
late said:

Still same problem. I think that my wiring is right. Because it work well if get touch from the case. Some grounding issue.

late said:
germoju said:
late said:

Still same problem. I think that my wiring is right. Because it work well if get touch from the case. Some grounding issue.

maybe you got pictures ??

Quick question: how important are the 25K resistors? I don't have them, but I have plenty of 24K 1%. The kit that Hairball sells includes 25K 1% resistors but I could not find from the schematic or other sources if they have to be 1%; if 5% is just as fine then substituting them for 24K 1% is not a big issue I guess.

Nevertheless, I would like to hear from someone with a bit more experience than me  ;D

i want to build a stereo Rev J 1176, with Stereo-Link from hairball. I would like use the alternate PSU, but i don't find any info, how to wire and what parts i don't need on the main-pcb.

Hi,

Just a little post here to share my experience with the stereo link : I just couldn't make it work until I removed the sockets I put the fets into. Now it's working just fine !
Sometimes I just keep looking in the wrong direction...
See my post here :
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=646.msg625439#msg625439
Hope this helps.
Best regards.
Eric

Hi,

i'm building a dual 1176 and before I want to be sure of my wiring. Do you see any error on my drawn ?

Attachments

• dual_1176.jpg
    dual_1176.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 133
I also have a question about PSU wiring...
I'm not sure to be good on that... I did a draw too :)

Someone can tell me if I'm ok please ?

Attachments

• dual1176_power_wiring.jpg
    dual1176_power_wiring.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 106
germoju said:

PSU will NOT work.
Depending on type of your PSU, the voltage regulators and some polarized caps either will blow up or might be protected by some diodes that prevent damage when reverse powered.
Mains transformer primary winding(s) receive AC voltage from the wall outlet and transforms this up/down to a -for usual- different AC voltage at whatever ratio. This transformer secondary winding(s) is feeding the AC input of your PSU pcb. The PSU then rectifies, smoothes and regulates this received AC voltage to one or more constant DC voltage(s).

germoju said:

If you use the alternate PSU, you connect the transformer to the PSU on AC-CT-AC. Pos-Gnd-Neg should be connected to both of the boards. But you have to leave out some parts on the 1176-boards and add some wires. It is all described on mnats page http://mnats.net/psu.html. I wired my 1176 with this description and everything works well.

hummm thanks :)

if I understand I have to wire it like that ?

Attachments

• dual1176_power_wiring_v2.jpg
    dual1176_power_wiring_v2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 67
I wondering how to get matched attack and release times. Do i need match all transistors? I already have matched 5457 on both channels. Is it normal that every channel have a little bit different attack/release time? Or do i have some issue on my build.

Hi all,

I'm having issues using the stereo link kit with the ROTARY switch boards.

My first attempt was to follow the PDF posted at Hairball Audio.
When I switch into stereo link, my output level drops to almost nothing and sounds thin.

Earlier in this topic, ricothetroll provided a link to an alternative wiring diagram (attached).
Has this approach been successful?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Stereo-Link_wiring.gif
    Stereo-Link_wiring.gif
    89.8 KB · Views: 162
earthsled said:
Hi all,

I'm having issues using the stereo link kit with the ROTARY switch boards.

My first attempt was to follow the PDF posted at Hairball Audio.
When I switch into stereo link, my output level drops to almost nothing and sounds thin.

Earlier in this topic, ricothetroll provided a link to an alternative wiring diagram (attached).
Has this approach been successful?

Thanks for your help!

hi, I wire my unit like this and it works well...

Latest posts

Back