Eden Mic Pre, GSSL Mods and other DIY boards from Expat Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

nice Projects. But i've a question about your switches from Highly Electric, PartNo. PB61303... Where can i buy these in small quantitys?

Greets

Olli

Mouser sells some similar switches.
The originals I used were from rapidonline.com
/R
However, I believe that Bryan (Ptownkid) might be stocking them soon.

Just a quick note - Any orders recieved as of the 1st of Novemeber will not be shipped until the 16th of November at the earliest.

Sorry about this - my real world job has me on a 2 week business trip in Asia. There's no way I can ship pcb's in that time.

My apologies if this causes many of you inconvenience, both Keith and I appreciate your business very very much.

/R

Hey, thanks

but i ve searched mousers catalogue several times. have you an order number to look for?

thanks

olli

The switches used can be found at:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/E-Switch/LP4OA1PBCTR/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvxtGF7dlGNpvWCJOEi9PJT6GwxOxDeAjs%3d

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/640/1612.pdf
(careful with these, some of htem are interlocking, some are momentary)

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Tactile-Switches/LED-Illuminated-PCB-switches/72855
(these are good)

RS Electronics (RSWWW) also stocks them (search PB613)

Ptownkid and Expat Audio will soon start stocking the switches as well. But, it's a large order we have to make from the manufacturer, so we're both saving :)

I don't want to be a jerk, but what's up with the shipping costs? The two boards I want to order would easily fit in a small flat rate box ($4.95 shipping), but your site wants to charge me $10.35 for a medium flat rate box. I think I'm going to wait for DIYPartsSupply to get these because shipping a meter plus the boards from Canada would probably cost about the same.

Hello therecordingart,

I've just had a look in the shipping options in the cubecart (the open source web-shop we use).
Flat rate box was originally chosen because we started out with the metal API500 cases, and I was concerned about the envelopes not being strong enough.

Small flat rate box isn't available as an option in the shipping module. I'll continue to look into it, and once the update comes on to cubecart, update appropriately.

Your more than welcome to wait for Bryan to get these boards in, they should ship to him over the weekend. If your only building one-offs, it seems that his service is a better one to get boards from. He works out cheaper than ordering from multiple suppliers, overpaying, then paying shipping on each piece.

Cheers

Rochey

Cool...I appreciate the response. I didn't want to come off like a jerk or even a penny pincher over a few dollars, but I thought I'd bring it up because it looked funny. It's hard to not look like a schmuck when offering any sort of criticism or questioning something by text.

Anyway, I really appreciate the development of these products and the service provided. Keep up the good work!

Folks,

all orders that are in the system, and are paid for properly up till today will ship in the morning.

Tomorrow, I head out on what feels like a well deserved vacation until the 29th of November.

Any orders received while I am away will not be shipped until my return. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience.
PTownkid will be receiving boards to start selling kits this week.

cheers

/R

okay folks, I'm back from vacation, and will start shipping this week.

Turbo boards are also back in stock.

cheers

R

Updated Shipping Recommendations
http://www.expataudio.com/expatshop/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5

Estimated delivery times are provided "post dropoff" to the local post office.
"dropoff" is done typically around 5 days after order. (or sooner). Occasionally, there are some delays (the joys of running a side business like this)

PCB's can be shipped in flat rate envelopes. This is strongly suggested, as the envelopes are significantly larger and stronger than regular envelopes. Making them less likely to break, and less likely to become lost.

Domestic (USA) shipments

USPS flat rate envelope offers some degree of tracking. The envelopes themselves are quite large, and rather rigid, making them less likely to be lost.

Delivery normally takes a week or so.

International Shipping.

Due to the calculator that USPS uses to feed our online shop, for international destinations, every single option for shipping is provided.
However, to make shipping easier for all involved (and more reliable) here are our recommendations.

For International shipping, with FULL tracking, please select Express Mail Flat Rate.
Delivery can be expected, once accepted by the local post office to be between 5 to 10 business days.

For International Shipping, with confirmation of shipping (but NO tracking), please select "Priority Mail Flat Rate"
Delivery can be expected, once accepted by the local post office to be between 10 to 15 business days.
For all other questions, please feel free to email questions at expat audio dot com.

Cheers

.Rochey

Folks,

Just a quick update. I won't be shipping anything until January 4th.

Orders already in the system will be shipped today.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you and your families

Rochey (and Keef)

yes, I'm stuck at a trade show at the moment. Once I get bcak to Dallas, I'll be shipping the backlog, and restocking the CRC's.

/R

Hi,

your vu driver manual says that you can use any 215x or 218x vca. Silly question, I;m sure, but is there any reason why it shouldn't work with 2001, or 202c etc?

Kindest regards,

AndyP

Hey Rochey your inbox is full!

I purchased a few of your boards a few months ago and am happy with the results.

I have a question on a new purchase-

For your relay control board, can you tell me why to not go with
G6K-2P DC4.5 whos coil switches @ 3V?
Would not this remove the need for a transistor if using the control board, or is the 12v needed elsewhere too?

I guess you could use the lower voltage, however, your current requirements on the 3.3V rail will increase significantly. (it takes POWER to switch the relay, so, lower the voltage, increase the current).

I haven't tried the 4.5V relays myself. I suggest you give it a try and let us know how you get on. ;)

Hi Rochey & Keith

Just a couple of questions from a Gssl virgin  :)

Is the 2150 the only VCA that can be used in the turbo board, or can I substitute a 2180 etc?

Also, I'm thinking of putting 2 Gssl's in one 2u box to save space etc and want to use turbo boards, vu boards and crc boards. Will one crc board be sufficient for both gssl's and turbo/vu boards if i'm carefull with choice of bridge rectifier etc, or do i need 2?

Cheers guys

Chris

Hi Rochey,

Understand you've been out of the country on business and believe you are back now. Just wondering when you might be sending out the
Turbo, CRC & VU meter boards I ordered recently, below is the order info:

order no: 100124-181827-6025 placed on Jan 24 2010, 18:18 PM

Can't wait to get this compressor up and running, just waiting on these parts :)

Thanks, aljam

Latest posts

Back