myspace, a bot and how to send the same comment to multiple people. help?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I know bots are a big no no. But my band is using myspace for  promo.  I'm trying to figure out a way to send a comment, the same comment  to all of the bands added friends at once. The only way I have found that will do this is via a bot. I don't want a bot. I will not be that guy. But I can't think of any other way to do this then doing it one at a time.

\Any suggestiongs

pucho812 said:
\Any suggestiongs

Myspace is a waste of time for promotion.  That's my suggestion.  Been there-done that.  And that was back when people actually still used myspace!

Mbira said:
pucho812 said:
\Any suggestiongs

Myspace is a waste of time for promotion.  That's my suggestion.  Been there-done that.  And that was back when people actually still used myspace!

well I got the multiple message thing sorted. Bullitins... So what do you suggest promotion wise. We play out alot.

Well these days, we create a face book event and then have as many of our friends invite their friends from within that event page...then it's less like the band just trying to promote and people are actually seeing which friends of theirs are going.  That's even becoming harder because of the huge number of event invites people are getting daily.  Other than that, we send out an email to our fans a week before a show and the day of the show with a link to that facebook event page. 

Honestly, I'm feeling like online promotion has hit a huge wall aand most people are just tuning out of the whole thing...facebook, myspace, twitter-all of it. 

I used to spend hours a day on all that stuff, and now not so much because it doesn't seem to work as well. 

I think Myspace and Facebook are both useful solutions for spreading the word, especially to your core of friends and fans. Won't do you much good to send a bunch of messages to people who have no idea who you are, tho, that's an easy one-click delete. Email marketing is another easy/cheap way to maintain a connection with someone who's already interested, once you have a basic HTML template it's simple to modify it for each new email. As far as reaching new audiences, nothing beats opening for a more well known, but similar band. The $1 EP is hard to beat as well.

I've been talking marketing a lot recently on this board. I'm gonna try and stop before I sound like a salesman.

Matthew Sommer
www.brolik.com

i have to do some myspace sh*t for the label promotion and i use a software called friendblaster...

D.skery said:
So many people wanted in that the only "fair" way to do it was to let everybody in and the top 16 make it in the tourney.

I think a few people should get byes... well maybe just you and me.  You cause you have been consistent and me because I am #1 heading into the tourney.

Welcome to the Lab, and great first post!

Googling for D.skery's ICQ# turns up a gazillion forums with 1 or 2 similarly strange entries from someone with the alias D.* and the same ICQ#.  I think somebody is betatesting a really clever new spambot...

Mbira said:
That's even becoming harder because of the huge number of event invites people are getting daily.

This is what turned MySpace into a ghost-bot town in the first place. It was great until people turned it into a virtual telephone pole littered with band propaganda. I've returned to a few websites that have most of the good shows listed, and check them weekly instead.

Additionally, I immediately delete bands/friends that are posting more than one bulletin a week for the same show/event. It's too annoying to sort through 3 pages of the same shit every day, by the same thirty bands/DJ's/promoters, just to keep up with my real friends.

If you're gonna mass post, keep it to a minimum... maybe one post a week before the show, and another "reminder" the day of the show.

Latest posts

Back