How about a 'free stuff' or 'parts needed' thread?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff004

I think this would be akin to that thread last December/January-ish - the one where folks were giving unused or unwanted stuff to other folks, who in turn would do the same.

I hate paying shipping.  And I hate it when I've got a project going, I make an order from (for instance) Mouser and after hitting the submit button I find I forgot some stupid $0.30 part that will keep my project from happening.  Or when I get my order in and find that I accidentally ordered 2 times as many things as I needed because I forgot to remove an item properly from my cart.

So like many of you I've got a ton of extra unused components lying around.  But I also need a couple little things.  Can we start another thread for trading/swapping/giving/taking stuff?  A couple cents in postage is more appealing to me than $7+ in shipping.

I need ~14-20 .1uf 63/100v film or ceramic caps.

Ideas? thoughts?

i found people coming from other grps taking stuff
and never showing up again , to which
IF i do that again will stipulate anyone
must have 100 posts min to receive anything

Yep, 
I had that problem too.  I sent a bunch of stuff out and never got what I was promised.  At least I helped someone out..
I still like the idea, though..

I'll make a small list and post here what I have.

take care
Gil

BR said:
I'll make a small list and post here what I have.

I was thinking more of an asking thread than an offering one.
I like the idea of 'screening' members - meeting criteria to consider.  I guess ultimately it's up to whom might send out the goods.
Also, thanks for the offer JD - but I can see that we're on different parts of the globe (I'm in EST)
So I think it'd make sense to limit the parts sharing to one's own country.  If someone needs a minor item it'll only cost 1 stamp to send it.

[I guess it'd help if I put my location under my screen name - DONE]

the giveaway threads refined a bit to where one
was supposed to offer something before taking something
that didn't quite work either but

I have a bunch of .005 polystyrene caps if anyone needs

Good idea. I'm fully pro.
I have loads of stuff that I won't use.

okgb said:
i found people coming from other grps taking stuff
and never showing up again , to which
IF i do that again will stipulate anyone
must have 100 posts min to receive anything

100 posts minimum is a good idea. Or 50 ? Or 1 year membership, or something like that.
Put it in a sticky so there won't be many contaminating posts by people that don't fit the requirements.

I believe that I have a bag of .1 uf polyfilm caps, they might be on the larger side. I'll take a look and let you know. I'm much closer to you than JD.

For instance 350x 50k Bourns multiturn trimmers... (what the hell am I going to use that amount of trimmers for ?!?!?!?),

Are they Rohs compliant?  Are they rectangular or square?  top-adjust or side-adjust? What brand?

owel said:
For instance 50k Bourns multiturn trimmers... ,
Are they Rohs compliant?  Are they rectangular or square?  top-adjust or side-adjust? What brand?

hey, a 100+ poster...

No, they're probably not RoHS compliant, that's the reason why I got them in the first place. Rectangular, side adjust. The brand is..........Bourns... (That's a brand, right ?!?).

geoff004 said:
I think this would be akin to that thread last December/January-ish - the one where folks were giving unused or unwanted stuff to other folks, who in turn would do the same.

I hate paying shipping.  And I hate it when I've got a project going, I make an order from (for instance) Mouser and after hitting the submit button I find I forgot some stupid $0.30 part that will keep my project from happening.  Or when I get my order in and find that I accidentally ordered 2 times as many things as I needed because I forgot to remove an item properly from my cart.

So like many of you I've got a ton of extra unused components lying around.  But I also need a couple little things.  Can we start another thread for trading/swapping/giving/taking stuff?  A couple cents in postage is more appealing to me than $7+ in shipping.

I need ~14-20 .1uf 63/100v film or ceramic caps.

Ideas? thoughts?

I've got a bunch of 50V 0.1uF ceramics w/0.1" spacing, will they do?  PM me with your address, and I'll put some in the mail.
Best,
Bruno2000

My opinion is that there was too much policing in the last thread.  That kept me away from it.  I don't need a father figure standing over me dictating whether I have offered before asking, etc.  It is my opinion that if people want to give things freely, they should.  If they want to receive freely, they should.  If you give to get, usually you will be disappointed.

helterbelter said:
For instance 350x 50k Bourns multiturn trimmers... (what the hell am I going to use that amount of trimmers for ?!?!?!?), an overstock of certain values of resistors overstock,, and also an overstock of 1uF and 10uF elco's.
Especially elco's are things that I'd prefer to send to fellowdiyers (instead of throwing them away in a few years because they could be dried out....).

I could use some of your elcos, and maybe 10 or so trimmers.

Mark

Well, I think it's started to work.
I still feel like it should be an asking thread and not an offering thread.
If things are put up for grabs, you'll get a lot of grabbers.
If someone needs something specific and asks for it, their request can be addressed on an individual basis.
And again, I'm talking small-ticket items.

hey, a 100+ poster...

No, they're probably not RoHS compliant, that's the reaason why I got them in the first place. Rectangular, side adjust. The brand is..........Bourns... (That's a brand, right ?!?).

Thanks for the reply. Bourns, yes that's a nice trimmer, unfortunately I'll pass and let others have it.  (Need Rohs).

----

When I get a breather and some time, I'll post some surplus parts here. 9V battery holders (aluminum C brackets), Circular rubber pads (for toroid powre trafos), electrolytics, DPDT panel toggle switches, etc... I'll have to dig them out from storage. 

-----

Hey, what's the deal here?  The recipient pays for shipping??

owel said:
Hey, what's the deal here?  The recipient pays for shipping??

That would be the least I'd say (!?!?!?!?!).

Biasrocks said:
I could use some of your elcos, and maybe 10 or so trimmers.

That's okay, as long as you're willing to pay for a few stamps, hahaha. PM me okay ?

shabtek said:
asking: MAT02
2 to 8 pcs needed.

qualifies as 'parts needed'... hope they come to hand as 'free stuff'.

Yeah, If you have 2 to 8 huntington 2520 DOA's, I'm willing to swap my 2 to 8 MAT02's.... deal ?  ;)

geoff004 said:
I was thinking more of an asking thread than an offering one.

Yeah, that'll be a better way, haha. I'll edit what I have listed above, and instead check this thread regularly...

Mbira , what i experienced was good stuff leaving the grp
and nothing coming back , not even in the form of knowledge
or participation , not what i see as contributing to ,or helping the grp
prosper

might be a good idea to leave the thread  here and not in the BM
see how long it takes low posting newbies to filter in

I need  two  pc  mount 9 pin tube sockets w/ shields
or if anyone can point me to a place to get them

Willing to pay of course [i'll post in the bm ]
need 2ru la-2 faceplate

okgb said:
I need  two  pc  mount 9 pin tube sockets w/ shields
or if anyone can point me to a place to get them

I get mine at tubedepot.com  They're pretty cheap there, and they use regular post, so should be cheap to Canada.

Latest posts

Back