Auditronics 710 console w/701 IEM Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spdrman288

Hey everyone,
I just picked up a Auditronics 710 console. and I'm currently looking at the signal path to upgrade it with newer ICs, Caps ects. All suggestions welcome. I'm thinking the biggest thing would be to upgrade the 5534 IC to something now sure what though. I have the original pdf of the schematic if you want to see it in better detail.
Thanks
Brad

Attachments

• 710 IEM Schematic.jpg
    710 IEM Schematic.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 41
Hi Brad - I know next to nothing about the 701, but I have a 110 and know it inside and out. I would get it up and running properly and give it a good listen before changing anything. Those 5534's may turn out to sound as good as anything you would substitute them with. But getting a few different chips, switching them out and seeing what (if any) difference it makes to the sound would be the first step in that process. In the interest of full disclosure, I have not experimented thoroughly with different chips - I changed out the chips in 4 pre-amps with doas (990s, 2520's and sga-soa's) and did not find the difference to warrant changing out the rest of the channels. (sometimes I think the 5534's sound better) Best of luck, Ben

Right now I'm in the "do no harm" state of mind. I'm going to get the console up first then go from there. I just thought I'd get a jump start on the discussion.
Any tips or helpful links on console restoration?

Latest posts

Back