Soupy Sales RIP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad... maybe he wasn't a great musician but he certainly helped a couple of them along. His sons, Hunt and Tony, were the rhythm section for Iggy and Bowie some time back...

Sadness here. I watched Soupy when he was local and live in Los Angeles, before he went national.

I recall him from his NY show... A part of our culture growing up in the '60s...

I'd be surprised if they don't take a pie facial in his honor on SNL. and other late night comedies.

JR

Ahh, Soupy!

I remember watching "Lunch With Soupy Sales" in NYC in the '50s. Couldn't understand my mother wouldn't let me watch him, until I got older, and realized he used to tell jokes to the kiddies, like;

"I took my girlfriend to the ball game yesterday, and it was good time. Soon we got lovey dovey. I kissed her between the strikes, and she kissed me between the balls...."

RIP funny man.

jD

I thought his best moment was after he got suspended for one of his stunts. After he got back on he held up his middle and index fingers together and said, "Me and the FCC are like this." Then he lowered the middle finger, leaving the index finger raised, and said, "This is me."

Peace,
Paul

Latest posts

Back