• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TG1 Meter + EMI style scales(R4 Now Shipping) (Round 5 Feeler)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi andy,
i believe you are only offering mirrored pairs correct?
i'm only building one channel (because i'm poor ;D) and was wondering if you would be offering the non-mirrored singles as well.

your comments of better ballistics and response on this meter makes me want one of yours rather than going with the retro 20.

cheers!
-grant

Hey Guy's singles are not a problem also, please email me if you've not, and I'll put you on the mass mail out.

e.oelberg said:
RedNoise said:
A "TG Thread" here :

http://www.diy-racked.com/diy-talk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=37

is this forum alive ? nobody seems to be ever online

nicholas

hopefully this is going to change soon... ;D
I havent started building jet, I'm still collecting the parts.
andre

Made a quick video, the Retro Vu is on the left hand side, the Retro TG on the right,,both limiters are set the same and sound equal+ stereo link is in, you'll quickly understand! why the retro VU sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpAbeEmm64

The Vu has a cardboard scale, and the needle painted white.. but all similarities end at that point. :)

sintech said:
Made a quick video, the Retro Vu is on the left hand side, the Retro TG on the right,,both limiters are set the same and sound equal+ stereo link is in, you'll quickly understand! why the retro VU sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpAbeEmm64

The Vu has a cardboard scale, and the needle painted white.. but all similarities end at that point. :)

Ha!
What a difference.
Now I know why "devil" and "ballistic" shares the same root.  :)

P.S. _really_ nice panel too.

sintech said:

Is that the AL20SQ on the left?

Are you sure it's not broken? In my experience those Retro meters are faster than regular VU's, if anything (and the Sifam site would seem to suggest so, too).

JDB.

jdbakker said:
sintech said:

Is that the AL20SQ on the left?

Are you sure it's not broken? In my experience those Retro meters are faster than regular VU's, if anything (and the Sifam site would seem to suggest so, too).

JDB.

The VU works great as a VU meter with a 3k6 on the plus being fed audio from the converter. As my good pal- Pete/Sinestaraudio pointed out this morning via email, the values in circuit around the meter would need to change to get it to work better.

Personally I'm used to the Chandler TG1 unit, and it's fast metering :)

wtmnmf said:
Thanks for the clip.  Can't wait  :)

Is there an ETA yet?

Going to send out an ETA email on Monday :)) still the tail of the action.

Hi, like all GB's.. took a little longer to collect final payments from the tail enders, before I could place the final order with Sifam.

it's a 7-8 week turnaround for them, with Xmas break also to consider.

Order Date on the invoice was 16/11/09, the Due Date is stated as 15/01/10

It's a bit of a wait, but it'll be worth it. :)

I am late to the party but still would be interested in a pair if there is any left..
Will email you Andy.

Heya Dennis, the orders now in, but now thinking to do a round two if enough people are interested.

Hey Andy, since my 'confirmation-mail' didn't come trough I'd like to know whether I'm still on the list for 2 pairs?
The uncertainty is driving me crazy!  ;D

mailed you as Pieter Van Buyten

Hi Pieter, emailed you and a few others that enquired after the order was placed.

kazper said:
I'll probably want 2 is there is a second round

sure thing, please email me to get on the 2nd round mailout : seeyoutomorrowwithmytools(@)hotmail.com

Latest posts

Back