The Sontec thread! <ATT. BUILDERS - C22 & C23>

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Josh,

I think most of the guys that I have talked are using OPA604 with good results.

You can probably find them way cheaper and don't forget, just socket it and later you can replace them easier.

BTW, did you get a parts list (BOM) for it?? I have a partial, but I'm missing some caps and whatnot.

thanks
Gil

I'll email you the one I have. I dunno if it's complete, but I will in a week or two.

I always socket IC's

:wink:

HI everybody,
I have just started the Sontec eq project and I would like to utilize Jensen 990 DOA in the filter and AMP boards.
they run at + - 24VDc while the servo OPAMP will run only at +-18.
what do you guys uses as main DOA?
is there any opamp that would run at+-24V at all??

Best,
Mattia

I just ran across the files yesterday, though the etch files are marked UNTESTED. Check the gmail account, but good luck making any sense of this thread..  some people have decided to leave the forum and remove their posts, so you get some questions from people, and the same person saying thank you, but no answer in the middle.  Bauman (fabio) is who designed these boards, member BR is/was his partner, so you may be able to get some answers from him, if they exist. good luck.

any update about this thread ?
definitive death ?  :'(
peace
r2d2

mitsos said:
I just ran across the files yesterday, though the etch files are marked UNTESTED. Check the gmail account, but good luck making any sense of this thread..  some people have decided to leave the forum and remove their posts, so you get some questions from people, and the same person saying thank you, but no answer in the middle.  Bauman (fabio) is who designed these boards, member BR is/was his partner, so you may be able to get some answers from him, if they exist. good luck.

Its a killer.  I built it about 5 years back and it lives on my mix bus ala Barresi.  Built it with external psu and 2 output amps so I can route the extra mid/high channels that don't get used for mix bus for other sources.  I used opa604 or 627, cant remember.  I remember there was a mystery component value that you can find handwritten in one of the documents.  I don't remember any issues w/the pcb but the schematic was pretty clear, so if there might be confusing jumper or something it should be obvious.  There was something about getting the gain to double its amount of boost/cut that wasnt clearly explained,  also caps on the mid/high channels make a big difference so you might want to socket them and shoot out a few. 

i'm more into rack gear actually.... but this is a great option indeed
You could put this in. 19" 1u
Or 2u format and externally wire the pots and I/o power etc. Would look great.

I think Dave is out of metal work you might be able to get his PCB's if you ask.

Latest posts

Back