For anyone who has ever done a voice over/commerical session...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The story of my life.  Monday through Friday.  

Here's another video that illustrates how absurd agencies' expectations are.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY

Its been a few years since i worked a commercial post session (new line of work), but my old boss sent me this and 1) I laughed my ass off, and 2) was not at all regretful that I don't have to deal with it anymore! Funny Stuff.

I have learnt the hard way to simply enjoy the stupidity of these situationis without taking it personally. I used to feel offended that my stuff wasn't valued enough to pay adequate cash for. With a bit of life experience I learnt that it was just the way with everything and even people on top of their game would suffer the same indignation.

bruno2000 said:
But I think this is the BEST.

http://www.promax-uk.org/result/promaxvideo2col/440.jsp?v=81&n=10023

This is really brilliant.  But not just limited to voice overs - I'm sure plents of folks other than myself have had similar experiences cutting vocal tracks with 'producers'.

Nothing like a producer, art director, copywriter, account executive, client marketing director + someone's intern, to make a 30 second spot drag on for 8 hours.  Only to have the invoice amount challenged by the agency's billing personnel.

Shoot me.

Nothing like a producer, art director, copywriter, account executive, client marketing director + someone's intern, to make a 30 second spot drag on for 8 hours.  Only to have the invoice amount challenged by the agency's billing personnel.

Here in South Africa it is very common to have the director & editor also looking over your shoulder...... PITA

"...What about the Bishop of Bath & Wells... -Isn't he the one who did the entire 'snippety-dippety' gift catalog on one ski in under thirty seconds...? -Couldn't we get him instead?"

"-No, Nigel's got him... -he's doing Frozen Peas in Studio three."

"Lucky Bä$târd!"

Keith

Latest posts

Back