Any problems with using toroid + lam PT in one chassis?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
I know there are some issues with using two toroids in the same chassis, but is there I anything I need to avoid with using a toroidal and regular lam power transformer in the same chassis?

Thanks!

[quote author="Ethan"]I know there are some issues with using two toroids in the same chassis[/quote]
What issues?

but is there I anything I need to avoid with using a toroidal and regular lam power transformer in the same chassis?
Keep the EI transformer far away from sensitive circuits. And you may have to turn the transformer to avoid hum induction, so leave some space for that.

But OTOH I was able to place an EI transformer this close to a tube without hum problems...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

There was a thread a while back talking about it not being advisable to have two toroids near eachother or stacked, I forget who said this and/or why this was but just wanted to be cautious. So is that an OK for those two being in the same chassis (assuming the usual keep PS components away from audio, etc...)?

Thanks Mikkel!

Back