Bill 1176

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owel

Written by Terminator Man addressed to the CA State Assembly

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

For some time now I have lamented the fact that major issues are overlooked while many
unnecessary bills come to me for consideration.  Water reform, prison reform, and health
care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just
kicks the can down the alley.

Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians
overwhelmingly deserve.  In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is
unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.

Sincerely,  
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Not a prank.. original here
http://gov.ca.gov/pdf/press/2009bills/AB1176_Ammiano_Veto_Message.pdf

I believe it is concerning a certain amount of state funding to be given to San Francisco in order to help rebuild the historic waterfront. What's interesting is the secret message conveyed by the first letter of each line.  :D

I believe there is a hidden message in that letter.  Look down the first column of letters. I think he really wanted to say

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

Fuck you....

It should be noted that Mr Schwarzenegger was invited by the bill's author to 'kiss his ass'.

This is Arnold's reply, and not the opening salvo.

I say; nicely done, Arnold.

Keith

I believe, based on a few accounts I've read, that Tom Ammiano actually yelled that he was a liar and asked the governor to "kiss my gay ass". Seems altogether uncalled for to me. I agree, bravo.

Yes I thought it was supposed to be a big F#@ck You to the Putnam family for claiming rights to things designs or gear that people are disputing they lay claim to.  Maybe I am too much of a diy nerd and cant think outside the world of audio gear.  I certainly remember bringing a girl home after a solo gig one night I did and showing her my builds. She was less than impressed and it kind of killed the mood.....

deuce42 said:
I certainly remember bringing a girl home after a solo gig one night I did and showing her my builds. She was less than impressed and it kind of killed the mood.....

Ehm, sorry, did she leave & advised you more DIY ?  8)

But serious, without doubt you'll have told in a passionate fashion about your builds and that's a thing women can appreciate...
(if it wasn't to geekish and with lots of giggles from your side about all those funny but non-real-world details  ;) ) - so too bad the to-her-boring-subject didn't win it from your passion for it...

Well you see I am a nerdberger with cool guy fascade:)  Its a bizarre phenomena that I am sure you guys will understand as well. I play a set and can see girls giving me the eye whilst I am pouring out my numbers on a stage in some tiny no name bar. The smart arse cocky fascade holds true and nobody doubts it, especially not the ladies whom seem to be making pretty clear what their intentions are.  Coming home with me however is a different story. Once the said lady gets to speak with me alone in my bachelor pad she seems to confused to see that under my ego driven fascade is a guy who loves literature, poetry and soldering electrical components. We humans are complex:)

Ha, this is nice & sure understand. It'll be best to come home with somebody who understands & digs that other side of you as well... but if it's not about that that night ... then it might be best to go at her place ?

Hey, a man should be able to feel at home when he's at home...  :D suppressing telling-about-DIY will lead only to troubles later on  ;)

Ha..
Must say that:
Me and a girl arrived at my home, in a night.
- Me:
"watch! there are all my beloved machines."
[lot (I mean _lot_) of semi-stuffed PCBs and cases, measuring instruments everywhere, outrageous number of  transformers, 8 to-be-racked RCA pres,
6 analog synths in different stages of building, patchbays, mixers, crocodiles wires tubes & sheets total invasion.. laptops only used as terminals for viewing documents and attached via serial cables to old equipment.. better I stop here.]

Well, the girl said:
"Ahh.. I want you dismantle me like you do with your machines.. Dismantle me, now..".
She was a really nice girl.
Had good sex before with her.
End of story.

P.S. I still see another girl, who said only "Wohoo! Nice knobs!"
We're just a confederacy of idiots.  ;D

It's sure nice when you can 'talk gear' with her, and for sure she shouldn't ignore that side of you (us).

But hey, can always do that with other persons, friends, bandmates etc...

I mean, when did you last feel the need to do the things you do with GF
also with friends or bandmates as well ?  ;)

But kidding aside, it's sure an important aspect. Likewise, it's
a lot more fun if we from our side are truly interested in the things she does.

I don't fancy women that spend their free time just on TV & chocolate.
So if that passtime-other-than-TV is perhaps something weird then so be it;
it might mean a certain genuine own passion, whatever it is.
Now let's hope women can appreciate our gear-thing in the same fashion...

Uhh, this was about Arnold, not ?  :)

Well, I'm lucky my girlfriend is proud of me. She digs the enthousiasm that I have for the things that I like to do.
(Which doesn't mean that she thinks it's fine that I'm always busy, btw.)

But, on topic, Arnold's reply is so funny !

I'm a bit doubt if it's geniune or sincere though. It could be some kind of PR stunt of course...
(I heard that he'll start acting again pretty soon ?!?!?)

Back