Neve 500 series 1084 eq... pre orders.. CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely interested, but for what it's worth I'd really prefer an option sans-metal work.  Even if other folks dig it, I think you'd sell more if it was just the pcb and the more esoteric parts. 

canidoit said:
Excellent! Yeah Il be in for 1 or 2 depending on price. I have always wanted to try a 500 series DIY  :)

Also, if you have two separate units, what is the accuracy like in regards to EQs when using them in stereo pairs even at the same settings?

I have never used two separate EQs as stereo unless they are a stereo EQ unit already so I am wondering whether they are as sensitive as using two separate mono compressors in stereo, do they have to match components somewhere for each EQ?

Thanks

Match everything and you'll be on the money.

Prototype pcb ordered. I'll update as and when.
The lovely Ed Anderson is having a pop at smallifying the LO1166, so that we can nail more than a few components to the board. I anticipate yummy iron.

Toodle pip.

it's one of those things i'd never get together on my own
so thanks Peter

I do have an issue with you however , your classic beauties
are you a closet Glam guy secretly trying to promote Slade ?
and how come there's no  Hope Lange ?

HopeLangeB02.jpg

There you go. Mrs. Muir, before she was.
Can't remember a single Slade tune to save my life.

Hey thanks that's a good one

" as she pensively ponders , Will one eq ever be enough ?  "
[ and is it big enough  ]

yeah and you know they copied that california band
something about feeling noise .

okgb said:
Hey thanks that's a good one

" as she pensively ponders , Will one eq ever be enough ?  "

yeah and you know they copied that california band
something about feeling noise .
We all know one eq is never enough.

There is some chart history behind Come on Feel the Noise. I was surprised to hear about it. Can't remember what it was now.  ???

peter purpose said:
briomusic said:
is this going to be 51x or standard 500 format?
Probably standard, with a dc/dc converter.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between 500 and the 51x format? I might be interested in 8 modules if it can fit into the 51x frame.

Michael

The 51X has +/-24V using a couple of extra pins at the bottom. 51X is designed to be backwards compatible with 500 series modules as I recall so these will fit fine with your 51X frame.

Latest posts

Back