Neve 500 series 1084 eq... pre orders.. CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fazeka said:
canidoit said:
HPF, definitely!

How will you turn on/off the HPF? Is it like the attack switch on an 1176?

It's looking great.  ;D

Wouldn't it be like the original - a rotary with an "off" position?

Yeah...cause now there's a fourth switch added at the bottom. I'm guessing it's off...switch on...and through the different freq's?

EDIT: Hmm...actually, i'm thinking it's the top switch that's been added....that's the HPF.

2 things, what ever happened with Skylar's great CAD engineering work on the N style knobs? A small version would be stellar on this eq.  ;D

I believe this is the first official 500 series project to take advantage of the 24V option on the GDIY racks isn't it?? Kudos on that one Peter!  8)

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
2 things, what ever happened with Skylar's great CAD engineering work on the N style knobs? A small version would be stellar on this eq.  ;D

I believe this is the first official 500 series project to take advantage of the 24V option on the GDIY racks isn't it?? Kudos on that one Peter!  8)

Cheers, Jeff

that is a hell of a good idea!

jsteiger said:

Cheers, Jeff
Will this unit still work on my API 600b lunchbox?

Where do you get those white rectangle switches that the Neve has?

jsteiger said:
...I believe this is the first official 500 series project to take advantage of the 24V option on the GDIY racks isn't it?? Kudos on that one Peter!  8)
Jeff, don't forget the Jensamp :eek:

canidoit said:
Will this unit still work on my API 600b lunchbox?
since Peter is a clever boy he incl. a DC/DC converter for "the other Alliance":
peter purpose said:
51x compatible, but a snip and a file makes it standard.
Means you can leave out the dc-dc converter and associated gubbins if a 51 boy.

51x.jpg

The other knobs look better anyway, imo. The blue type, in the first pic.

canidoit

Check out the api site

http://www.apiaudio.com/b500vpr.html

It appears that theres +16  -16  and 48 volt supplys.  At least coming out of the PSU.

I might have the same problem but of course we should probably be building the diy vpr rack.

This design looks pretty far along judging from the layouts your workin over in the photos.  How long we talkin, I've got to clear my bench for this one!

jsteiger said:

Cheers, Jeff

Maybe some of us have a mic pre ready and waiting but no rack with 24V option to put it in and show off with  ;)

Nice project Peter,
Londoner's always do it best.  Something in the water

W DeMarco said:
How long we talkin,

The first prototype pcb will be here early next week, but it's the version sans HPF.
I'm not going to order the new type before I've nailed the converter ramp up circuitry. I need to get this spot on before I spunk any more wedge.
Any of you design types want to chime in?

So...in answer to your question..... 6-8 weeks at the earliest.

desol said:
The other knobs look better anyway, imo. The blue type, in the first pic.

Those look good beacause there's only three of em.
Now that we have four, they have to be smaller.
I'm thinking something like these Sifams....

k_SB151.gif

Back