Neve 500 series 1084 eq... pre orders.. CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joechris said:
Hi Peter, In your design, do you go straigth from the line transformer to the EQ, with the transformer wired  4:1 to get down to -12db?
j

At the moment yes, but there's just enough room for a discrete buffer should I need it.

I cant see why you should need it. Soundvise I belive all the Nevesound "mojo" comes from the output amp and transformer.
Input to EQ direct from trafo, is how I plan to do my line input modules in my desk, that migth be finnished in 2017  ;D
j

New layout. Shifted the HPF to the bottom and rearranged the whole bloody thing..!!

nulay2.jpg

Peter, you are a nutter, and we love you for it... hope to see you again in person next year in London over AES and buy you a beer for all your hard work! I'm def. adding this to the top of 500 series to do list (well after some 312 pres...)

Cheers

Matt

"...and rearranged the whole bloody thing..!! Thats the price of consulting the user groups, as I learned at my industrial design school.  :D

;D

Design by committee is a term referring to a style of design and its resultant output when a group of entities comes together to produce something (often the design of technological systems or standards), particularly in the presence of poor and incompetent leadership. The defining characteristics of "design by committee" are needless complexity, internal inconsistency, logical flaws, banality, and the lack of a unifying vision.

Where's the whisky?

peter purpose said:
;D

Design by committee is a term referring to a style of design and its resultant output when a group of entities comes together to produce something (often the design of technological systems or standards), particularly in the presence of poor and incompetent leadership. The defining characteristics of "design by committee" are needless complexity, internal inconsistency, logical flaws, banality, and the lack of a unifying vision.

Where's the whisky?

This is a great way to get things done and drink whisky! Not too much tho right?  :)

New layout looks better.

Hi,

I checked the data sheet of the TDK CC6-2412DF-E, but that needs minimum 18V, and you have 15V I don't think that one will work, and instead of 0-24V you get +/-/ground 12V ofcourse you can use it but you don't need the 450mA, these give a bigger inrush as well because of the larger coil inside.

And the current control has nothing to do with the DC DC convertor.

DJN

djn111 said:
Hi,

I checked the data sheet of the TDK CC6-2412DF-E, but that needs minimum 18V, and you have 15V I don't think that one will work, and instead of 0-24V you get +/-/ground 12V ofcourse you can use it but you don't need the 450mA, these give a bigger inrush as well because of the larger coil inside.

And the current control has nothing to do with the DC DC convertor.

DJN

Hi,

It's being used with both the +16V and -16V rails (32V).

And as it's an isolated DC-DC converter, you can ground the -Vout and have 24V on the +V out. Leaving COM unconnected.

Latest posts

Back