Neve 500 series 1084 eq... pre orders.. CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, that i understand but why the switching on delay, if you have more in one rack, you have to make the delay variable otherwise they switch on together/close anyway.

Or is to wait for the other modules to power on and after that the 1084 swithes on.

So I think the inrusch limiting for the DCDC converter is still neccecary.

And if you use the 32V (16+16V floating) and the earth connection are split as far as I know, and all transformers on the in and out, why use it at all?

DJN

okay so if you have more than one in a rack, and the delay should be variable, how do you accomplish that reliably?

yes, in this case the idea is that these modules will "wait" to come on until the power supply in the rack has stabilized.  this is needed due to the power supply's inherent turn-on behavior AND that you can't count on the other, different modules to have well behaved turn-on behavior.

if you limit the inrush current to the DCDC converter, it may not be happy.  what do we know about this device's behavior when demand outstrips supply?  

the circuit was designed for 24V.  32V might work, but it is a 30% increase, so it would be worthwhile to take a look at the circuit itself and see if any changes (due device ratings or biasing concerns) need to be made.  and if changes are needed, since we're after the exact performance of the original circuit, that may be an argument for some kind of regulation to bring the voltage down to ~24V.  linear or switching, both have their advantages and disadvantages.

ed

Quick peek at the first prototype. This is the version sans HPF (I ordered it before added), but should verify most functions. I'll fiddle around with this before getting an updated proto.

proto.jpg

Hi,

Look really nice, a bit of topic, does any one have the exact power supply needs spec's for the 500 racks, and units ?

DJN

Yes, chunky isn't it!

Wonder how much she weighs? When i got my portico comp, thought the f****** thing was made of iron or something?  ;D

The hard work shows. Cheers and congrats so far Peter.

Nice work Peter.
VTB1952 has a 200mH tap instead of 220mH. Looks like you're going to use big knobs for the freq and small for cut/boost? think it's better the other way around as it's easier to make small adjustment with a bigger knob.

Cheers

Tekay said:
Nice work Peter.
VTB1952 has a 200mH tap instead of 220mH. Looks like you're going to use big knobs for the freq and small for cut/boost? think it's better the other way around as it's easier to make small adjustment with a bigger knob.

Cheers

Cheers T.
I'll look into the 1952.
As for knob swapping... in an ideal world maybe, but in reality I have to use small pots and I'm not redesigning it for fat fingered bastards.

I think you skinny fingered fuggers are going to like this one..!!

test1.jpg

I'll order the prototype pcb that incorporates the HPF, verify it and get some on the go.

Back