Neve 500 series 1084 eq... pre orders.. CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peter purpose said:
12volts said:
When will it be tested (and hopefully) compared with the original?
Frank

Frank,
Just squirting sine waves in at the mo. Hopefully have some metal around it by the weekend and into the hands of someone who can put it through it's paces.
If you'd like to lend me a 1084, I'll be more than happy to compare.

peter

If i had one, i'd lend it to ya.

bruno2000 said:
What frequencies are you using?  Did you add / change any from the original 1084?

Added 20k and 25k to the high band.
Mid band with 9050 inductor is slightly different in the higher two frequencies 7k2/6k9 10k/9k. These could be fiddled with using TK's suggested 9052, or cap swapping.
Low band is standard, as is HPF.

Using the vtb9050, the 7k2 will be right with the 2n2 cap, the original 200mH/2n2 gives 7k59, toget that with the vtb9050, change 2n2 to two 1n in parallel. For the 10k position change 1n2 to a 1n in parallel with a 100p.
I started to work on a similare unit two years ago using consentric switches/pot like an API550A, but i have had to much work to do so it may never be finished.

Rough front panel design.
Neve extra dark sea grey, with white screening.

possfp84.jpg

YYYYEEEEHHHAAAA!!!
Rock on the eighty four!
I want some I want some.
Fitting in regular happy lunch box?
Nice and tight!
b

everythime I look at this project I'm amazed by the building quality!!

congrads !!!

Peter you rock !!!

Hi Peter, looks fab.   :)  

I just stumbled on the thread and have been time glancing at previous pages.  Still coupla Q.  Is it 24v?  What's output transistor?  Is it true 1084 283/family amp?  What are the opamp boards i see in there?  

I LOVE the Grayhill switches!  Keep them!   :p

Pardon my ignorance, what's the Lambda shiny box?

Is it 24v?.. yes
What's output transistor?... mje3055
Is it true 1084 283/family amp?... yes
What are the opamp boards i see in there?... part 284
I LOVE the Grayhill switches!  Keep them!... That's kind of you. I will.
Pardon my ignorance, you're pardoned.. what's the Lambda shiny box?.... dc-dc converter.

peter purpose said:
briomusic said:
I'd be in for one or two depending on price.

is this going to be 51x or standard 500 format?

Probably standard, with a dc/dc converter.

It is now 51x compatible and I assume you would only use the dc-dc converter if you needed it to be compatible with standard racks.
Best, Ben

Back