Headphone amps problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once,  on my very first CMOY the cause for this was a shorted input or output jack...don´t remember which, but this threw off the voltages and caused massive distortion.

I think the reason it doesn't work is because the ground is not properly referenced. The junction of batteries should be connected to ground. Then you need a dual pole power switch.

I didn't use battery for the power I made a symetrical alimentation in 15V so I 0V is fine no?

Pitop

your maybe blown opamp is pulling your supply voltage down (and a replacement will do it again with +/-15V).
Have a look at the OPA2227 datasheet for Vmax. supply voltage +/-5V
. Edit: Nonsense, thanks JDB for catching this. Obviously need better glases.

Pitop said:
Regulator problem, wrongs schematics.... I don t know and it's just make me crazy.

It's hard to help you without knowing exactly what you did. Do you have a schematic of your supply? Did you change anything in the CMOY?

Harpo said:
Have a look at the OPA2227 datasheet for Vmax. supply voltage +/-5V.

Check again. Abs Max is +/-18V, or 36V total.

JDB.

Pitop said:
I didn't use battery for the power I made a symetrical alimentation in 15V so I 0V is fine no?

Pitop
No, it doesn't work like that. You must have a stiff Ov reference. At the moment, your reference has a resistance of 2.35 kohms. The FB foot resistors are 1k, so they can move the reference. Try replacing the 10k and 1k resistors by 470k and 47k. It may work, but there's no substitute for a solid stiff ground reference. You should really build a bipolar supply.

Back