Yamaha PM1000/ Replacement input gain pots/switches?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermos

Hi,

I've got a 16 channel PM1000 board (all channels recapped, and modded for 16 direct outs) that I've been using for tracking for quite some time.  The stepped input switches are going, going, almost gone on every channel strip.  I have tried many kinds of universally recommended contact cleaner, and my LA tech even gave them all a 24 hour soak in his cure all solution.  Unfortunately, these remedies work for 1-2 weeks at best and then its back to bad connections and intermittent signal loss. 

Can anyone recommend what I could replace these switches with?  Any pots (cheap) that would work?  I'm not technically inclined like this, but I'd like to get it working great before I sell it (which will be soon).

Thanks!

It's been awhile since I looked at one, but aren't they just regular "wafer" style rotary switches?  Have you check the usual sources like Mouser and Digikey?

Cheers,
--
Don

idylldon said:
It's been awhile since I looked at one, but aren't they just regular "wafer" style rotary switches?  Have you check the usual sources like Mouser and Digikey?

Cheers,
--
Don

Thanks, there is hope.  Honestly, I don't know much about the specifics of these kind of things.  Would a pot work as well, or no?

If it is a standard multipole rotary it should be easy to replace. For long life use something like the Elma switches used in Neve preamps. They are available, expensive though.

Back