Audio Grade Duplex Socket

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phishman13

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=110-439

For that price, I'll replace every one in my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :p

Read the reviews though.  They are the best.  You find some hilarious stuff, and then mixed throughout, you find the suckers that actually bought one.

::)

My favorite:

"When I plugged my headphones into the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket, I was instantly blown away by the improvement in sound quality! The amazing clarity of the cryogenic heat treat hardened contacts literally brought me to my knees. When I awoke in my own mess, I could still hear the crisp highs ringing in my ears"

here's mine:

"I installed 2 of these - one for the stereo and another in the bathroom where my wife dresses. I couldn't tell much difference from the stereo because I am a musician and have spent years in front of load speakers.

The one in the bathroom - !WOW!. My wife has been plugging her hairdryer into it and her hair is softer than ever and the gray is gone! Also - she has gone from a B cup to a DD!! BIGGER BOOBS!"

Damn, the more i read, i keep finding an endless amount of entertainment there.

its like those books The Onion puts out.

LOL at these reviews.  Here's one...

I have a nice entertainment system so I thought I would give it a try, after installation I put in my favorite movie The Delta Force starring Chuck Norris, this time he killed everyone the good and the bad, it was so loud my ears are still bleeding.

When the movie was over my TV exploded and Chuck Norris stood in the carnage. Then he picked up my wife and gave her the best rogering she has ever had (the doctors say she might be able to walk again after intensive physical theropy). Two thumbs way up!!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Jose from Hollywood 
I was looking for a type of an A/C socket that would limit amount of noise, EMI and harmonics coming from the surrounding electrical circuits. Having any type of resistance between in the power supply and electrical equipment allows an eddy current to flow creating a magnets flux. The harmonics in the third and fifth from this flux where causing the current and voltage wave to be asinusoidal. The noise was too much for my y-flux capacitor to deliver the necessary power to my amp. This plug would make all the differences in the world.

""The noise was too much for my y-flux capacitor ""

???          WTF!!

I wonder how long it takes these marketing idiots to dream up with this bull

Strange how they look like the standard Cooper parts... except for the gold plating. How can they really be effective without gold plated workboxes too, it must degrade the sound, the air and sense of spaciality especially. Not to mention the imaging.
I'm sure the gold plated mounting tabs will not be effective without gold screws (oversize 12-24) and gold workboxes. Let's not even get started on 8ga. oxygen free directional wiring throughout the house and a ten foot ground stake, or better yet, copper screen. Yeesh, these audio cons.

All kidding aside, I could in a way go along with hospital grade receptacles and plugs. After all, they are built well, will last, they're sturdy, not too expensive, they're easily available from Cooper and others, you van get them childproofed, etc. Did they sound better? Noooo, but they were good solid quality and how bad an that be? This stuff isn't even that though. Sound better? Aika hiljasta.

Kiira

not to mention gold plated R'eau-Mecs wiring from the breaker panel.    Of course it goes without saying that it would be tri-wired with parallel 10AWG, 12AWG and 14AWG to provide clean power to the bass, midrange and treble bands, respectively.

Latest posts

Back