Surplus stores in Seattle area?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hey, all.

I will be going up to Seattle (Covington, actually) on Wednesday (tomorrow) and was hoping to get a little surplus shopping in. Anyone know some good places to check out?

Not really interested in ICs and transistor stuff, more into the old skool (toobs, toob sockets, chassis, trannies, switches, pots, caps, resistors, meters, knobs, etc.).

Any tips to your favorite stash-shacks greatly appreciated!

:guinness:

Thanks,
Chris

I'm actually right next to Covington.

Closest place is in Tukwila/Southcenter. The store's called Alphatronics.

There's also Boeing surplus down in the Kent valley ( not so much bit's and bobs, but some interesting test equipment pops up there).

Other than that, there's Ye old Technology off of Aurora, House of Science, and Radar Electric ( has a surplus section in back), Radar is up in Bothell now.

Hope this helps

Regards

ju

The old technology shop 77th and aroura ave n by greenlake house of science just moved nt sure where.
Wil

Wilebee

they are open from 12-5 the owner steve can be a little cranky but you find lots of cool stuff there some overpriced some way underpriced

Wil

Would Fry's have anything of interest? Also, I keep hearing about this C + G, whatever that is. In Tacoma I think?

Thanks again! :guinness:

[quote author="wilebee"]The old technology shop 77th and aroura ave n by greenlake house of science just moved nt sure where.
Wil

Wilebee[/quote]

Yes! I used to shop there. Lots of old tube stuff. Very cool.

Frys does have an electronics section, but it's hit and miss as to what you'll find. Everytime I go there, the thing I need is out of stock (caps and resistors).

ju

[quote author="wilebee"]The old technology shop 77th and aroura ave n by greenlake house of science just moved nt sure where.
Wil

Wilebee[/quote]

Hey Pacific Northwesterners,

I'll be in Seattle in a week and was wondering if anyone knew where this place moved to. Any other up-to-date tips on cool surplus shops would be great, too.

Thanks!

E.

Depends on the area you'll be in, but here's my breakdown.

I get around (but don't tell the wife :green: )

Northend:

Bothell has Radar, which is in Canyon Park. Has a surplus section with tons of caps, lots of hardware(screws, etc), and various other bits'n'bobs

SouthCenter(Tukwila):
Alphatronics:
Has a decent stock of resistors and caps, pots.

Eastside:
Bellevue has Vetco Electronics

Seattle Proper:
Condor in Fremont. Never been there, can someone chime in if they are a place worth visiting. I know the guy who used to run House of Science is working there now....

Anywho, that's what I know

ju

A source in Seattle tells me Ol' Technology Shop is gone... true?

That place is (was?) kewl. Prices were (are) all over the map, though...

[quote author="fazeka"]A source in Seattle tells me Ol' Technology Shop is gone... true?

That place is (was?) kewl. Prices were (are) all over the map, though...[/quote]

The place was totally empty the last time I drove by. Guy told me a while ago that he was going out of business but something about maybe still selling stuff out of his house?

Fum, thanks for the info on Radar. I used to go to the old one. I heard they liquidated all the surlpus when they moved, but it sounds like there's still some at the new place? Hope so!

afaik Condor is just repairs, but I haven't been yet. I should stop in and see that guy (House of Science guy), he is cool and knowledgable about audio.

[quote author="GrantB"]
Fum, thanks for the info on Radar. I used to go to the old one. I heard they liquidated all the surlpus when they moved, but it sounds like there's still some at the new place? Hope so!

afaik Condor is just repairs, but I haven't been yet. I should stop in and see that guy (House of Science guy), he is cool and knowledgable about audio.[/quote]

About half of the stuff from the old Radar went to House of Science, the rest they put up in the new location.

Regards

ju

unfortunatly the house of science in no more except online. the old technology shope closed at the end of june after 20 = years in the seme spot and think the only places left are Radar in Bothell,Vetco in Bellevue and the place in tukwilla thats name is inuding me WIl

Wilebee

Back