DIY Success!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pxpx83

Just finished my first diy project, an API preamp with an API 325 card. Thanks to everyone who has answered my basic electronics questions over the past few months and a big thanks to Keith (ssltech) for helping me finish my first project.

I have officially been bitten by the diy bug....now its time to stuff my ssl comp board!

api_top.jpg

api_front.jpg
[/img]

api_back.jpg

thanks!

I've got a project next week that will be my first real test for this preamp. I'm hoping for that punchy api-ish sound.

Input trafo is a sowter 9002.

23 more to build and you'll have a nice rack together :green:
Seriously, great job done :thumb:

tdB

Congrats again, Mike!

The Transformer on the way in is a Sowter. -Never got to hear it, but measured up okay on the Neutrik A2, and the scope showed what looked like audio when I plugged in a SP microphone (B1). -Looked like there was plenty of low-end, from the way that the air blowing through the Air Conditioning intake 6 feet away (pointed right at the mic) was making the line bounce around!!!

Keith

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

Stephen, In my case the magic formula was....

lots of patience + no electronics skill + help from some generous fellow diyers = diy success!

The biggest setback was when I accidently drilled into the side of my power transformer. :cry:

Latest posts

Back