Kenyon T-3 Input Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
2m5bgax.jpg

1rtf9v.jpg

33xv6rt.jpg

2pobqx2.jpg

szwfag.jpg

27yo6bm.jpg

fvkysn.jpg

6h6q1s.jpg

10ftcwl.jpg

2uqm1wx.jpg

yeah Kenyon - that looks like high quality rust right there

the best transformer factories were built directly over rich organic rust deposits.
dig down, mine the rust ore, coat the lams - bam! - euphonic transformers.

CJ- you may enjoy the diagram on page 4 of this paper:
http://pmillett.com/file_downloads/bereskin_amp.pdf
(315KB PDF file)

wow, 1.5 amps charging current for a bi-fi winding, thanks for the cool article!

this thing could sure use some inter leaving, just a pri-sec  humbucker, (twin coils) with a lot of turns,

oh, and it is an input, the Henries were so l,ow that i thought it had to be an outie.

it was too baked to take apart the sec, but i have the pri turns and the catalog says 80 K sec,

that is like a 1 : 12 and no pie winding or foldback. so the high end gets chopped.

plus that steel they use looks like it fell off somebody's barn.

i9 popped the pri out and got a cool look at the inside of a winding>

2mn2br9.jpg

2r4n1ar.jpg

5yrgpj.jpg

24ezvj7.jpg

i stck some better lams to try and get some better L reads, but they did not help much, maybe the stacking method was to blame?  ;D

35i1uud.jpg

here is the catalog sheet,

there were 740 turns of pri #36 per coil = 1,480 total pri turns,

and a lot of fine wire on the sec, 400 turns per layer times a lot of layers,

i have a T-6 input also, maybe we should give  it a try? i won't even bother writing this $5 thing up,

lets go for the big money, 8 dollah, roll like were Oprah rich, eh?  :D

ayuiki.jpg

The Kenyon 'T' series s equivalent to the UTC 'GG' series on paper; not their good stuff.  But, I think I have a Presto preamp with a T series output, and the preamp measures as flat as any old tube preamp I've checked.  No NFB loops, either. 

Latest posts

Back