WARNING------9K5 BOARDS OWNERS-------WARNING.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gustav said:
If anyone wants them, I will be happy to send them at shipping cost.

What's shipping to the US?  I'd be in plus a small donation to you for your loss.
Do I hear a group-buy?  Anyone else interested in sharing shipping+?

geoff004 said:
Gustav said:
If anyone wants them, I will be happy to send them at shipping cost.

What's shipping to the US?  I'd be in plus a small donation to you for your loss.
Do I hear a group-buy?  Anyone else interested in sharing shipping+?

Hi.
This has been blown way out of proportion. No need for anyone to feel ashamed or compensate me or fix it all. Ive already stated what my frustration was, so I wont restate that. This was a loss, but Ive also made money selling boards on this forum. No need to hand me a bail-out when it goes wrong. :)

The shipping for a handfull of boards would be around 10 dollars, including the envelope. Let me know if you want any.

And thanks to everyone offering various kinds of help. Its not really needed. I am mostly at a loss for time. Theres no need for everyone else to spend their time and money to make up for that, even though I appreciate the kind thoughts behind it.

Gustav

Can someone update me on this ?

There are two versions of SSL9K preamps , Yes ?

1.SSL9K standard Diy board (SSLTech -Keith)
2.SSL9K , API 500 series compatible slot version (3nity)

Reading thru this It appears the API version is the only one effected , Yes ?

Also , Hope there is a version 2.0 of this 500 series API SSL9K its a fantastic idea.

No worries doubleR , people are working on a way to solve the problems (seems to be  some wire / link tips and caps polarity reversing), it just have to be confirmed!Do like me , be patient , do not trash them! ;D ;D ;D

These boards would have to be pretty ,messed up to be completely unusable. As previously stated, this is DIY, and most of us should be able to make these work.

3nity, don't stress too much over it, shit happens. There's a lesson to be learned here though...prototype.

For anyone reading this, if your pcb software is capable of exporting milling files, I can always make a board for testing purposes.

Cheers

I would let this thread drop at this point.

I sent out to 5-6 people max. 3nity has offered to replace them with the new batch. I spread the remaining boards out to 3-4 people that only payed for the shipping. Those people are fully cabable of making something work on their own Im sure, or they would not have asked for the scrap boards.

Dont spend a lot of time on fixing the crap. Do a better new version and be done with it.

Gustav

I sent the files for prototyping this week.
I found a cheap place called Futurlec...they do nice and cheap proto.

Theres 2 versions i sent...the second its with SSM2210 thanks to the Guitarist.

I also sent files for another 500 series preamp....its a convertible Jensen twin/312 style...
NYD-1B and a 1272 boards were sent as well...

Quote from: 3nity on Today at 10:53:52 am
NYD-1B and a 1272 boards were sent as well...

are these 500 series as well??

Whats all this non sense?? 500-mania?

They're just normal rackmount pcb's.

For the future, if prototyping costs are a problem, I'd be willing to donate to a project I'm interested in. I doubt I'm the only one. 

Hi 3nity !
Did you have a solution like a pdf to fix the 9K5 problems?
(I'm not at ease enough to do it by myself)
Thanks.

EDIT : Is Carlos Lima's pdf the official one ? Did you try it an validate it ?

Although this topic is old. But even so.
I would like to build one SSL 9K-500 series.
Can I get a file somewhere PDF SSL 9K-500 series of printed circuit board (PCB).
I'll be grateful to you.
Sincerely.

CemD said:
Although this topic is old. But even so.
I would like to build one SSL 9K-500 series.
Can I get a file somewhere PDF SSL 9K-500 series of printed circuit board (PCB).
I'll be grateful to you.
Sincerely.

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=42552.0
Best,
Bruno2000

Thank Bruno2000.
I saw this topic. I studied it carefully.
But I would still like to find a PDF file for board fabrication SSL 9K-51x series home etching. Of course, if such information exists.
I hope to help the forum.
Sincerely.

CemD said:
Thank Bruno2000.
I saw this topic. I studied it carefully.
But I would still like to find a PDF file for board fabrication SSL 9K-51x series home etching. Of course, if such information exists.
I hope to help the forum.
Sincerely.

This is probably not a good project for home etch.  It's double sided with plated holes.  There's another 9K board out there for home etch, but it's not 51X.  I believe Gustav has some of my boards for sale for not much money.
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back