schlumberger p17172 transformer???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syn

does anyone knows anything about this company ?
this is very small transformer 29x26mm hight 23mm.
but look @ the measurements:
primary:  48.59H@1kHz &  113.6h@120Hz  dcr~530ohm      216pF@1kHz  13.78nF@120Hz
secondary:2.897H@1kHz & 8.332H@120Hz  dcr ~40ohm      3.49nF@1kHz      192nF@120Hz
when used 1:4  20Hz - 22Khz (sound card limit, RMAA) -2.5dB@17Hz +1.5db@22kHz
when used 4:1  20Hz - 22Khz (sound card limit, RMAA) ~flat
no loading resistor, no zobel.
i'm not sure how much level can it take...
anyone have any info on it. impressive little thing.

Hi,
Schlumberger is at the beginning a huge french company, details may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlumberger

The have been in the audio business quite a while ago, you can still find first class tape machines in France... http://fr.audiofanzine.com/multipiste-analogique/schlumberger/magnetophone-f-500-avec-bandeau-vu-metres/petites-annonces/t.2.html

Difficult to find detailed infos on parts.

Piotr.

Piotr
      thank you. Mysterious company ,isn't it. However this little transformer is very good.
Cheers

Hey,schlumberger!
Almost all my grandparents, uncles and aunts worked in one of theire factory...
Closed now...
One off the biggest multinational trust in the world, now. they even bought Fairchild in 79 before they sell it to National semi...
they're in energy and were pionneer in geophysic research, developping detectors and counters...
That said, I don't have any infos about this transformer... ( they made counters here...)

Laurent.

If it's any help, though it doesn't have nothing to do with your transformers, I own two Schlumberger EQ's. They are modules from UPS 4000 console. They sound amazing. Really amazing! Low/Hi shelves and parametric mid. Just click-click-click and here's a great sounding kick or vocal. I wish I had more...
(i have schematics for them if anyone's interested)

pyjaman & shot, thank you on additional info.
@ shot i'm interested into EQ schematic, very much. you can post it to groupdiy(at)googlemail(dot)com
i'm looking forward to see it.
best

Latest posts

Back