Studer B67 Varispeed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyLMS

Hi Folks,

I have a 1/4" Studer B67 that I would like to use for changing the speed of recordings for making musique concrete, as well as for normal operation, mixdown etc. I do not have a varispeed control for it, and haven't been able to find very much info about making one.

I have the manual for the machine, but it is very vague about this, only showing what appears to be an oscillator symbol, that can be wired between pins 24 and 13 of the capstan speed control socket, to provide a pulse waveform between +0.5 and +5 volts. There is no mention of  what the frequency should be, and whether the pulse-width, amplitude or frequency should be varied to change the capstan speed.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had made a varispeed for a B67 before and could offer some tips on getting this thing working.

thanks
Bobby.

Studer B67 manuals:

ftp://ftp.studer.ch/Public/Products/Recording_Analog/B67_MkI/

Specifically:

ftp://ftp.studer.ch/Public/Products/Recording_Analog/B67_MkI/Technical_Info/SI_023-77_D-E_A67-B67_Varispeed.pdf

JAkob E.

Brilliant!

Thanks for that, looks all pretty standard components too. I wonder what the +/- speed range is, it's probably mentioned somewhere ...I'll pop it on here if I run across it.

best regards
Bobby.

Latest posts

Back