Please help me know how to hook these input transformers up :(

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

Hi guys,
A stupid question, I'm sure.  We're getting a load of Cinemag input transformers to fix this crosstalk issue on the Electrodyne we are hooking up in the studio.  We are getting these:
http://cinemag.biz/line_input/CMLI-15-15B.pdf

Now-reading over the paper (page 4), I'm seeing that I'm not really sure how to wire these up.  We are bringing a balanced signal in from the patchbay into the block. 

Now, i was just going to unhook the ground,hot, and cold from the block and hook the hot to the red wire and the cold to the brown wire and the ground to the white wire. 
I'm confused about the other ground wires.  Is Grey wire supposed to go to chassis ground?

Then I just hook yellow to the blocks hot, orange to blocks cold, and black to blocks ground? 

I think my chassis and blocks ground are the same-does that matter?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

White would typically go to chassis ground, black to block ground (same as chassis?), and if you bought the version with dual shields you can tie grey wherever it is most quiet.    Check the Jensen white paper on mic splitters for a thorough rundown on dual shields; the details are lost in the fog of my mind ATM; 3 sips of coffee and all.   

Thanks Doug,
I cropped out the schematic from the above article.  I'm confused because of the different grounding symbols he is using:

Untitled-1.jpg

They look like the way the CCMI-2C are wired
Cant remember exactly how i did it..
The white i wired to the Pin 1 and star ground.
The orange (yellow) was wired at the pcb ground.
The black was wired into the 0V from the 48V...

Was a little complicated i accept!

Thanks for your help guys.  These are working great!  Crosstalk issue solved.  13 done, and 7 more to go...then another 20 for the buss inserts later. :D

Latest posts

Back