Modding the DBX 163X, need help.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40373

I replaced some op-amps in a DBX 163X and was wondering if, and how, to add power supply bypass caps? The op-amps I used are a LME49710 and LME49860. Do I just take a .1uF ceramic capacitor from each pin labelled V and solder the other end to a ground wires? They might already have power supply bypass caps, I'm not sure! Here are the schematics:
http://www.dbxpro.com/product_downloads/Schematics/163X%20Schematic.pdf

I don't fully understand what a phase compensation cap is either ???

so you are in the middle of your first mod project and have trouble selecting parts, that much is clear.

But could you stop spamming the lab, please?

You only really need one thread, called "Modding the DBX 163X". Not a new thread for every single part and issue.

Besides, hundreds of people have gone through what you're doing just now, so you're best of simply using search in this forum.

I'm 90% of the way complete with my upgrade but I've hit a bump in the road. I replaced the LF353 with LME49860 and the 5534 with a LME49710 and I need to add decoupling caps but I don't have test equipment to configure this.

The upgrades I made was based on Jim William's recommendations. Does anyone know the proper value capacitor I should use with the above two op-amps, or is it different for every circuit? Or is it pretty much a shot in the dark without using test equipment.

sws2h said:
I'm 90% of the way complete with my upgrade but I've hit a bump in the road. I replaced the LF353 with LME49860 and the 5534 with a LME49710 and I need to add decoupling caps but I don't have test equipment to configure this.

The upgrades I made was based on Jim William's recommendations. Does anyone know the proper value capacitor I should use with the above two op-amps, or is it different for every circuit? Or is it pretty much a shot in the dark without using test equipment.

Power-supply decoupling caps? 0.1uF ceramics are pretty standard.

-a

Latest posts

Back