UTC CG-133 Innerstage Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
this was going to be a commercial grade , run of the mill, but you  know that story, jeeeezzus,

2 Plates to 2 Grids,  1:1.6  , Z ratio 1 : 2.56  125 Layers, almost 12,000 turns of #44, kill me!  :D

you want weird, we got weird.  ok the boiler plate

ckf8z.jpg

30viqhl.jpg

2u9hb3m.jpg

20hkbbp.jpg

fctxf9.jpg

weird item #1: mixed stack, but all on one side>

bhingm.jpg

weird item #2:  steel lams Lap 2, Ni lams lap 1,

2ntk2tl.jpg

2lcr255.jpg

330z2hk.jpg

o858q8.jpg

weird thing #3:  four pies, never seen that before,

o6h9hl.jpg

weird thing # 4 & 5: the coils come apart! they are wound as 2  coils then stacked on the core

and, the windings do not track like a typica UTC, these winding start in the middle and fan out,

i do not know if this involves a special winding machine, the mandrel is not flipped,

you can tel both pies were wound at the same time, the insulation goes across both winds.

347gy2x.jpg

33za1dx.jpg

2hqwbwz.jpg

ok, you had your dinner, would you like pumpkin or pecan for desert?  :p :D

weird thing #6: one coil has the pri, one has the sec, clever idea for changing ratios, inventory, etc

7,000 turns , 75 layers of # 44 3,500 T, two pies, i think that beats the langevin tube input,

4,380 turns , 50 layers of #44, two pies,  11.5 henries and 87 henries,

3 K DCR pri and 2 K sec
5ariux.jpg

Funky stuff.  I wonder about that core.  Does the Ni part basically work best for lower level signals and the steel for the higher levels?  Would interleaving the Ni with the steel (like Cinemag does with their 50-50 parts) behave similarly to this separated stack assuming the proportions were the same?

i wonder this can be used for interstage UA175
80K >30K fits bill
but wonder secondry can take DC to 6bc8 plate

AnalogPackrat said:
Does the Ni part basically work best for lower level signals and the steel for the higher levels? 
That's the idea.

Would interleaving the Ni with the steel (like Cinemag does with their 50-50 parts) behave similarly to this separated stack assuming the proportions were the same?
It would not be exactly the same, but close enough: the core is large enough for the flux lines to be perfectly channelled.

Latest posts

Back