Bo Hansen DI layout

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could fit those components on much smaller board area. Easier to place it in an enclosure and it could have some (minimal) effect in noise pickup too.

I have a layout done for this and i used Cinemag, Lundhalland OEP iron..
3.5" x 2" let me know anything..

3nity said:
I have a layout done for this and i used Cinemag, Lundhalland OEP iron..
3.5" x 2" let me know anything..
Do you have some drawings you can upload here?

Cheers
Soren

Audiox,

I think it is a great layout Soren have done, and the size is very convenient for DIY, (some of the builders is maybe not so practised with small pc-board and components)

And you must still have a stable box that fit a XLR and two jacks, so you will have the space inside.

No problem with noise pick-up, if you use a metall case, that you shall do in this case.

Silent:arts,

Thanks a lot,
I will test it and get back to you with the result.

--Bo

normal_PCBBH.JPG

Iron its OEP/Lundhall/Cinemag.
C1 i let some place for Wimas 10uf.

Dimensions are: 3.5" x  2"..

I havent had time or funds to test it yet..

Hi guys,

All this is interesting for sure.
I've done several of these with 1:6.45 OEP tx, and it sounds really great.
I have also put a small LED for "power on" on mine, it was a tiny led (1.8mm diameter with a high value resistor for low consumption)
...may be a nice addition.............. ;)

Yeah, OEP sounds interesting and nicely colored, but it will not take VERY high levels. I also tried it with Cinemag CMMI-7C, it beats any expensive Radial DI etc.
This is serious design with very good sound.

Thanks a lot Bo, my friends and me really enjoyed this project!

Miha

flaheu said:
I have also put a small LED for "power on" on mine, it was a tiny led (1.8mm diameter with a high value resistor for low consumption)
...may be a nice addition.............. ;)
looking at Soeren_DKs latest design I can see a LED  :D

I did a pair of these DIs on perfboard with Haufe iron. These DIs won since then every shootout against any highpriced brand (lowpriced either). Definitely a wonderful tool and worth every cent. It´d even be worth to have them in a 51x version.  ;)

Flaheu,

If you look on version 4-2 (replay #20) below the 100 uF electrolytic, with text "LED or Link".

I use a LED connected in serial with the voltage feed, after the two 6,8k phantom resistors.
In this case, the LED don´t steal any additional current from the phantom line.
You get only a small voltage drop, (approx. 1,5 volt with a red LED) so you not reduce the emitterfollower headroom hardly noticeable.
(compare with a normal connected LED with a minimum current (approx. 2 mA/10k limit resistor) and you get maybe 6 volt drop)

--Bo

Jensenmann,

Where did you pick up your Haufe iron? Their website seems to indicate they only do custom jobs, although my German (and Google translator's!) is pretty flawed so Im more than likely wrong on that!!

Mo

nice. I will toss away my layout I started 
to confuse a little more, there is a nice Haufe transformer, designed to replace the LL1538 ...
we will use it as an option in the JensAmp, since (even it is Haufe) the price is much lower

To Silentarts:

Do you mind sharing some infos on this transformer? Partnumber, specs and where it is available?

I could not find any haufe distributor on the web and also no model description on their own website.

Thanks,
Wolfgang

wolfgang said:
To Silentarts:
Do you mind sharing some infos on this transformer? Partnumber, specs and where it is available?
I could not find any haufe distributor on the web and also no model description on their own website.
Well, we will wait for Bo if the sample I shipped to him reacts positive in his circuit design.

You won't find any Haufe distributor, and they only do build to order.
which makes a one off very expensive (my RK204 was EUR 120+ if I recall correctly).
If Bo is fine with this transformer (not the RK204, it is a ST), and the PCBs are available, I will think of buying a larger quantity and have them in stock.

since they are not available & untested by Bo yet it doesn't make sense to talk about the specs etc

Thank you for clearing this up!

Ao you will stock them at you webshop?! Very nice!
When will the shop be online btw? I am very curious about it!

regards,
Wolfgang

wolfgang said:
Ao you will stock them at you webshop?! Very nice!
When will the shop be online btw? I am very curious about it!
plans for beeing online: not in 2009 anymore
for the trafos and stock yes, but first we need available PCBs ;D
to be back on topic :)

Latest posts

Back