simple gate circuit needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhartung

I'm looking for a simple gate circuit with threshold and release time. It also has to sound great when passing audio!

Anyone have some schematics for something like this?

thanks

Mike

I have the Roger Mayer RM-68 gate schematics at my DIY Corner!
http://www.vintagedesign.halmstad.net/diy_reseach_frames.htm
then click DIY Corner / schenatics page!

since i went digital (aaaarghhh!!! :cry: )
i don't use gates that much anymore.
would love to build some analog gates too for noisy sources like old synths, drummachines, mother in law, sister in law (worse then mother in law btw!)

on TT someone posted the schemo for valley gates, if memory serves me right...??

have a friend in London who works with some damn good clones of these. Next visit i'll open these boxes and try to note the connections in case no-one comes up with the schematic/pcblayout first. Could be by the end of this year that i'm in London again.

Anyone else can shine in?

tdB

I'd be interested in something like this too. It would be cool to clone the ssl channel expander/gate...3 controls-range, threshold and release and one switch-(in) gate (out) expander

analog gates and expanders still sound more punchy than the plug-ins...just like the comps to me

www.thatcorp.com/datashts/dn100.pdf

I built this on veroboard and it sounds pretty good to my ears, only 3 transistors and a chip. Threshold, attack, release and makeup gain (option) controls.

Latest posts

Back