My family and i need some help...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptownkid

The last few months have been a little tough on me, and things have only gotten worse on the financial front. My wife took a serious pay cut when she started her mat leave and our household income has dropped about $1600 Cad a month. I've known this was going to occur for a while now, and because of that I took on a LOT of extra work this season building decks and fences to prepare for the lowered income.

I finished a HUGE job in august, and only received a portion of the money owed to me. I'm still owed over $4000, which was supposed to be the buffer to get us through the winter until next season. I'm now at the point where I may have to start selling off personal possessions if the asshole doesn't start finding some money for me soon. Worst part is that there is pretty much nothing I can do. In Canada, small claims court is pretty much useless as they just acknowledge legally that party A owes Party B money, but do not enforce it in any way or form. All i can do is scramble to find money and cross my fingers.

That being said, I really need to move some stock off the shelves. If at all possible, please help me do that. I have listed a few new Gssl mod kits from Expat on the site, and I have a bunch of MP-2 kits that need to get going.
White market thread

Thanks for your time, Bryan

I can send a friend from winnipeg for some mp-2s but,
you can't ignore the customers [ i'll end up taking the flack ]

Oh yeah nice work on the little one , after a couple of years
of being a single parent i got to know that things always work out
so heads up & hold on !

I emailed you at your site about the MP-2. The Great River MP-1 is a single channel and their MP-2 is a dual channel.  Is this a one channel or two and does it come with the schematic and power supply information?

I don't know if they ever really made single versions although Dan
made a few custom things
We just call them MP-2's cause that was the most common version
[ i believe ] lovingly  Mp-2

Ptowns kits are single channels , put together as many as you like
[ i got a Quad ] i can send full info but i also believe they are all in the
grp mail account [ do the search thing ]

Thanks guys, everything helps. It's extremely frustrating that I put in a ton of extra effort to avoid being in this position but yet here i am. I gave up pretty much everything this spring and summer to provide for my family, and it feels like it was pretty much in vain now.

I know we'll pull through in the end, I just don't like being worried about those who depend on me.

Bryan,

I believe your never given more than you can handle, and you will pull through just fine. I can remember just starting my little family and we had no car. I had all my own bills, my wifes and all my student loans started to come due. Looking back that is why I take such good care of whatever I own. I can truly remember feeling helpless, and not sure where the next few bucks are going to come from to keep us going but I always was blessed somehow and made it through. Keep your chin up, Pay your house note first car second and the rest what you can. You will be in a better place financial in a couple years if you don't let this situation drag you down, which I know you wont.

I'll try and help you clear out those shelves too, I could use some OEP's, switches and a couple kits.

BTW Thanks for adding me on Facebook.

If your ever going to be in the Seattle area please feel free to call me.

Kevin

hi ptown, congrats on the baby, can you please contact me regarding an order i placed with you a while ago.

either pm me or reply to my email - it was order #445.

As soon as i finished other builds i'll take a pair of GRMP-2s.
Dont give up.....i havent been working on a daily basis all this year but i always ended paying my bills.....
I'll pray for you! ;)

I'm so sorry to hear that Ptown. I hope things get better. Been very tight here too. But I expect things will look up fairly soon. We are on budgeted money right now so to speak.

John

Ptownkid said:
Every little bit helps my friend! Thank you very much!

I have never listened the great river mp-2, and also, I think, even many sound engineers.
I have seen its schematic only, and I think it's should be a trasparent preamp.
I think that might help to sell the great river mp-2 kits, that someone, who has bought and built the kit, records some sound tracks and posts the relative links on this forum.
I think that the great river mp-2 kit might be sold much more if people know its sound.

Pier Paolo

Back