have you seen this : it might get loud

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, ever since Rolling Stone put him in the top 10 best guitarists of all time, he OF COURSE became legendary..... for being overrated!

sorry for any of his fans on here, but I just don't understand why people think he is such an amazing guitarist!  Definitely not legendary.

I'm willing to hear convincing arguments however.

phishman13 said:
well, ever since Rolling Stone put him in the top 10 best guitarists of all time, he OF COURSE became legendary..... for being overrated!

sorry for any of his fans on here, but I just don't understand why people think he is such an amazing guitarist!  Definitely not legendary.

I'm willing to hear convincing arguments however.

Well he's a great writer/artist and character for sure but I wouldn't put him in the top 10 guitarists either !

I saw them live before "Elephant" went big, supporting Jeff Beck and it was "Rough" at best !!

MM.

I'm thinking that many haven't seen this movie based on the comments.

It's not about guitar heros, it's about connecting with a feeling, going back to what inspires you.

The movie follows along with each guy individually describing their personal journey and inspirations.

White's approach to making music seemed no-nonsense and direct, he has an affinity with the old blues guys and basically is trying to recreate that mood. Good on him.

Page standing in his library listening to Link Wray on his record player, looking like a little kid with a grin as wide as the Atlantic, brought it all home.

The Edge seemed totally outclassed, as evidenced in the jam session where he was regulated to playing chords and sort of following along with his three 40 space racks chock full of gear. But he did seem to have a sense of humor about it, which saved it for me.

You can see that White and the Edge are truly in awe of Page evidenced by the look on their faces when Page stands in front of them playing Whole Lot Of Love on his Les Paul.

Say what you will, but I found this movie to be inspiring.

Makes me want to play!

Mark

No. Not yet.

After seeing the trailer I did stumble onto this particularly dumb sounding review that pours it on thicker than melted yellow fly-paper glue in favor of Jack White.  It also seems to suggest that distant miking techniques were never heard of 'til Jimmy Page came along.

http://www.atnzone.com/nz/2009/08/13/movie-review-it-might-get-loud/

I would go and see it on the basis of Jimmy Page alone.  I find his creative efforts much more interesting than the other two folks.

Good to hear it was inspirational.  Looks like every discussion about it on the net has deteriorated into  endless squabbling over who the most deserving 3 guitarist should have been. Understandable but impractical.

I did not know the term bell end so I looked it up in the urban dictionary.

Gus said:
I did not know the term bell end so I looked it up in the urban dictionary.

I thought it meant the end of the bell curve, as in outside the avarage and in the very end of the below avarage section of the curve. I've also checked it on urban dictionary now.  :p

Gustav

rodabod said:
Five posts and everyone has neglected to mention that the Edge as an absolute bell-end?

well said sir 'Look at me, I will play this chord then go for a cup of tea while my rack equipment plays the tune'

Yeah, Jack White is probably the most over rated guitar player to date...I guess there's no accounting for taste. It should however come as no surprise considering that music has been on life support for a while now.

Latest posts

Back