Christmas present for my son?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagefright13

If you have been around here a while I always build my son something for his recording efforts every Christmas... And now that he upped his career to the 95k range it would still be nice if I could make him something he can not buy. And I always try to do this last minute If you know me. And I have always surprised him in a big way. I made him a Mila last year I believe. So he bought an Avalon pre/compressor cause he like it so much. But still plays guitar recordings in the Mila.

Any suggestions? Of course it is always December and I have to source parts... And money is tight this year.

John

Does he use a computer-based DAW?  If so, what about a passive summing box?  The PRR vari-mu is also pretty low parts count/cheap.  If he plays guitar what about a couple of nice DIY pedals?  If you've got a parts stash, let that be your guide for reducing cost and lead time.  Good luck!

A P

How about a 1 u rack with some "Classic" gtr pedal circuits inside ?
I made one with three switchable fx ( dpdt ) and a nice speaker simulator at the end ( also switchable )
One in/out socket and it runs from a 9v wall wart, could be a LOT of fun or is he "swimming" in fx pedals ?

MM.

Latest posts

Back