Help me find this potentiometer (dual gang, double value)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val_r

Hi,

I need a 2-gang rev. log. pot.
The value should be 100K for a gang and the half (50K) for the other wafer,
or 50K/25K.

Does anyone know where to source it?

Thanks.

Don't expect to be able to find this off-the-shelf.

Omeg.co.uk is probably the only supplier that can make this at small quantities..

Depending on how you use of the pot, you can maybe parallel one section of a 2x100K with a 100K resistor?

Jakob E.

You could swap out one of the wafers for the proper size... check out aml, he's got both sizes:
http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/potentiometers_carbon_16mm_diameter_dual_gang.html

the math may not be perfect, but could you not source a 4 gang pot , connect 2 of the wafers in series and the third by itself, leaving the 4th blank?

if im insane and this makes no sense please disregard.

-Brock-

Not insane; an other possibility is to use a triple-gang and use two wafers in parallels or in series.
But I think, again, CONTEXT!
Why do you need these values? Maybe there is a possibility to modify the circuit in order to make it accept a dual pot?

Val_r said:
I need a 2-gang rev. log. pot. The value should be 100K for a gang and the half (50K) for the other wafer, or 50K/25K.

mcfarlane_audio said:
but could you not source a 4 gang pot , connect 2 of the wafers in series and the third by itself, leaving the 4th blank?

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/potentiometers_carbon_16mm_diameter_triple_and_quad_gang.html

RU-01-003 (4x 47k rev log)

Connect two of the sections parallel and you get 47k / 23.5k. That is close enough 50k / 25k (think about potentiometer tolerances) and if I understood right the exact value was not important in your application but the ratio.

gyraf said:
Depending on how you use of the pot, you can maybe parallel one section of a 2x100K with a 100K resistor?

No. It changes the curve.

The Sfernice P11 (cermet) or PA11 (conductive plastic) is a modular pot, with up to 7 gangs. Rev-log gangs are available.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/vishay/p11pa11.pdf

Finding a distributor may be tricky, though...

Axel

mad.ax said:
The Sfernice P11 (cermet) or PA11 (conductive plastic) is a modular pot, with up to 7 gangs. Rev-log gangs are available.

And the minimum order quantity is several hundred units if I remember correctly...

Right, last time I submitted them for a quotation, min qty was 500, and no sample orders.
Even Radiohm now want 500 min order.
I think Omeg are the last survivors. We should cherish them, as the day they go down, DIY will be only PIC's, GAL's and C-code...

abbey road d enfer said:
Not insane; an other possibility is to use a triple-gang and use two wafers in parallels or in series.
But I think, again, CONTEXT!
Why do you need these values? Maybe there is a possibility to modify the circuit in order to make it accept a dual pot?

I know about paralleling 4-gang pots, but I was looking to save space.
The app is an HPF in LR configuration.

Thank you.
gyraf said:
Don't expect to be able to find this off-the-shelf.

Omeg.co.uk is probably the only supplier that can make this at small quantities..

Jakob E.

Thanks Jakob, I will check them.

abbey road d enfer said:
Do you have any specific info?

That is what I was told some time ago. I haven't investigated it further since we don't use their products.

www.radiohm.com

Val_r said:
The app is an HPF in LR configuration.

As abbey road d enfer said earlier, you should try to modify the circuit. Take the 2x 100k potentiometer for granted and change the other components.

Val_r said:
Where have they used it? The new 425 series eq?
I don't know exactly. I suppose it's in the 4K. There's a bunch of schematics I got from a website. They are named 82E_XX and there are two preamp schematics, one seems to be the very early one, with a xfmr and a 5534 and the other may be a 9K. There are 3 different EQ's. The dates on the dwgs are 84-86.

It is widely used. Studer 900 came into my mind first and there must be many others. I found also one version adjustable from 20 to 200 Hz used in a custom console. I can post the component values if you dont like doing the math yourself.

abbey road d enfer said:
I don't know exactly. I suppose it's in the 4K. There's a bunch of schematics I got from a website. They are named 82E_XX and there are two preamp schematics, one seems to be the very early one, with a xfmr and a 5534 and the other may be a 9K. There are 3 different EQ's. The dates on the dwgs are 84-86.

I think you're referring to this link.
The channels EQ's from Solid State Logic 4000 are the 82e02, 82e242 and 292.

I'm more interested in the last one, they use 4-gang pots in the hpf, including all of the 2 stages (it's a 18dB/oct. design).

Interesting info in this thread.

Yes, it's that link.
The 18dB/oct version uses 3-gang pots of identical values (in the thread, Keith mentions 4-gang with one 100k wafer, I suspect it's for the Total Recall -or whatever they called it at SSL).

Latest posts

Back