Bidders go berserk at Xmas!!! £2000 for a 60's Fuzz Pedal LOL!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy shit!

holyshit-1.jpg

I just showed this to my girlfriend. Her response was "Wow. Thats much for a guitar pedal?"

Then she started arguing, that the buyer was probably after something very specific, and if the pedal is really rare, the price is justified. She refused to accept that paying 2300 quid for a guitar pedal could be considered insane.

Ill have to remember that the next time I have the impulse and money to buy something "manly" for myself.

Gustav

Gustav said:
I just showed this to my girlfriend. Her response was "Wow. Thats much for a guitar pedal?"

Then she started arguing, that the buyer was probably after something very specific, and if the pedal is really rare, the price is justified. She refused to accept that paying 2300 quid for a guitar pedal could be considered insane.

Ill have to remember that the next time I have the impulse and money to buy something "manly" for myself.

Gustav

Don't argue back, because your always wrong.
A friend once told me to memorize these words.."I'm sorry honey, your right i'm wrong. I don't know what i was thinking, please help me to change my ways"...and you will always be happy.

desol said:
A friend once told me to memorize these words.."I'm sorry honey, your right i'm wrong. I don't know what i was thinking, please help me to change my ways"...and you will always be happy.

Nah. Tried it for twentytwo years. Still didn't work.

And it is much too late to forget now.

sahib said:
desol said:

Nah. Tried it for twentytwo years. Still didn't work.

And it is much too late to forget now.

Wait a second here...

Are you saying it doesn't work? ? ?

desol said:

WIMP !!
" Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I've told you once"
"No you have not"
"Yes I have"
"When?"
"Just now"

Gustav said:

Gustav

" . . after something very specific"   -  sounds like a dollop of prestige purchasing. Lots of ways to do that.

Some folks like to get black and blue with their acquisitions.  Adds contrast to the pile of yellow snow

they're standing in at the auction's end.

Most girlfriends/wives would roll their eyes or scratch yours out for that type of indulgence.  Sounds like you're lucky.  

I do think this is yet another chapter of lunatic lemming gear-nut mania.  Justification is an afterthought.

Shoot first and ask questions later.

strangeandbouncy said:
desol,

you are so wrong! Say these words, and SHE will be happy, not you, unless you like being walked all over again and again . . .

Are you kidding?  Men pay twice what that tone bender went for women walk all over them . . . again and again . . . and again - Then pay extra to take home the wrong pair of shoes. :D 

This thread shows up every few years, and that contrast is always that some 1970's Star Wars figurines sell for far more.  Collectors are a different breed; end of story. 

f-ing looks like something I po0ped out this morning.  No accounting for taste.  I guess people would pay big $ for anything, even now.

A couple of years ago I watched 2 "collectors" bidding on a small body ( rare ) TS-808 on the "Bay"
It went for well over £400 !
Collectors are NOT the same as musicians who use gear !

I had a 70's Boss Chorus Ensemble that wasn't getting much use, sold it through a local "hi end"
music shop for £275 last year ......

MM/

Back