Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mbira said:
Beautiful!  Do you have the artwork for the boards?  I'm an "etch your own" junkie.

Don't think I'm gonna give out self-etch files for a few reasons..  i) with such a compact layout, the tolerances are very tight.  ii) double sided copper and plated holes are needed. iii) makes it far to easy for a company to steal and make and sell some cheap neves!

I just built a neve like pre with eisen kit, I thought it was cool then I come along this thread... Damn! That is seriously one of the most beautiful pieces I've seen. Sexy. Any way I am in for two when they come along.

Brice

onlymeeee said:
Mbira said:
Beautiful!  Do you have the artwork for the boards?  I'm an "etch your own" junkie.

Don't think I'm gonna give out self-etch files for a few reasons..  i) with such a compact layout, the tolerances are very tight.  ii) double sided copper and plated holes are needed. iii) makes it far to easy for a company to steal and make and sell some cheap neves!

Shame.  Long live BTPKY (build the premade kit yourself)

onlymeeee, any news on when these will be available and when will you upload the samples. Looks like a very interesting project!

flux-whisperer said:
onlymeeee, any news on when these will be available and when will you upload the samples. Looks like a very interesting project!

I'll do some samples in the next week. Xmas always gets in the way!  What kind of samples would be best?  Go from protools in to the line in 0dB? Then there's a reference to compare to.  If you have any vocals, or drums or whatever that you want me to put through it then let me know.

I'll get everything together after New Year, then it'll just be a case of waiting for PCBs and metal to come.

Whoops said:
To be honest I would skip the samples,

it's a Neve 1290 preamp why does anyone needs samples?

Hmm. To be grumpy...
Exactamundo. If ya can't find the N*** sound out there somewhere...well...
Tough titty.  

Happy new year!!

I sure hope this one doesn't disappear into the forum abyss. This is a cool project. Any news or ideas if or how you plan to do a kit for this?

-Brice Conrad

No worries about falling into forum abyss!  Never!
It's coming...! 

Trying to juggle a lot at the minute but I'll get there!

Latest posts

Back