1272 clipping issue.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glazer56

Hi All,
My apologies in advance if this is a noobie question, while i've been building various DIY projects for years, I don't have as much experience diagnosing and fixing problems, but I am getting better at it. And many thanks to all the great people here who have provided endless help over the years, though I don't post much, I read A LOT.  ;D

With that said, here's my problem... I've got an EARLY pair of Brent Averill 1272's racked that I'm looking to sell, and while they sound fine, when recording to my DAW, one channel appears to be clipping on the negative side only. Unfortunatly, I do not have a schematic of the unit, and i'm not exactly sure what causes this. Bad transistor maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would like to sell these units, but I want to make sure they are in top condition first. Many thanks!

Cheers!
SG

Take a look at the BA283 card for the channel in question.

Find this trimpot and tweak it until there's no longer a DC offset.
20070510-ba283av-RV1.jpg

Tim from SCA has some more detailed/scientific/accurate instructions in his N72 assembly manual.
See page 19:
http://www.seventhcircleaudio.com/N72/N72R31/docs/n72_asmbly.pdf

Back