Raindirk mic pre/eq from the late 70s

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it this one?

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=p3910.m38.l1313&_nkw=raindirk+mic+pre&_sacat=619

Normally Raindirk schematics are hard to come across. But I have checked the one on above link and you can work out the pin configuration in no time if you know the difference between an input and output. All you have to do is to have a look at the edge connector termination. Easy.

Few years back I bought two similar Raindirk strips and it was easy. Having said that mines were more involved as the internal layout was quite messy. But that strip looks very clean.

Yes that's the one on ebay. It looks like a decent micpreq. I did some more research on Raindirk and this might sound very nice. The eq is suppose to be usable/musical too.

Hi,

I have used series III many times. They sound great imho. Mic pre is cool, eq extremely so. very simple. You might need to make up output level iirc. Pots are often shagged.

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Latest posts

Back