Behringer ADA8000 ADAT section removal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

znanjeiimanje

I own an ADA8000. Nothing special, but it serves it's purpose. Now I would like to remove the ADAT part. I would like to have the signal direct from the preamp to the XLR connector in the back.

Has anyone done this before? i think it is possible but I am not 100% sure.

Here is also the schematic, so if anyone has any ideas....

http://www.gyraf.dk/schematics/Behringer_ada8000_analouge.PDF

my only doubt is that it will not work in the end.

bitman said:
Save yourself the trouble and optically jump the adat out to the adat in.
The behringer docs say this makes it an analog preamp.

does it really work? I couldn't find that written anywhere but I think it would be the easiest solution

> optically jump the adat out to the adat in.

That adds a A/D and a D/A conversion. Won't that corrupt the lush sound of those costly TL074 chips?

Snip, snip, snip, jump.

Attachments

• ADA8000-snip-jump.gif
    ADA8000-snip-jump.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 64
Unless you have a serious chain the ADA will sound just fine. Bruce Springsteen made an album with 57's and a cassette deck. Not saying it was good tho cause I never heard it.

But should be able to make good recordings with that thing.

Merry Christmas,
John

PRR said:
> optically jump the adat out to the adat in.

That adds a A/D and a D/A conversion. Won't that corrupt the lush sound of those costly TL074 chips?

Snip, snip, snip, jump.

;D

And, yes it really works.

It's interesting to see a thread where someone really wants to keep that allegedly wretched preamp section with all the how to jump the preamp threads.

I don't think I ever needed to jump the lightpipes. But sounded fine the way it was. And would make a great record with the right mics.

But realistically anything will sound good if you have a great song. The most important thing.

John

Stagefright13 said:
I don't think I ever needed to jump the lightpipes. But sounded fine the way it was. And would make a great record with the right mics.

But realistically anything will sound good if you have a great song. The most important thing.

John

I think we're starting to wander into brewery territory now.

All opinions aside, jumping adat out to in would be the easiest way. After that, PRRs method would work great.

Hello, does anyone know how to do this with the newer version of the ADA8000, mine has the CIRRUS LOGIC chips instead of the WAVEFRONTs. Also, I only see 074 on the output section, and 339 on the input section.

A friend of mine wants to convert this to a 8 channel preamp, without the converters. He also doesn't want to any conversion done in the chain, just straight analog mic in, to analog xlr out.

339's are definitely NOT doing much on the input, apart from (most likely) driving the level indicator LEDs.

But if you posted some internal photos of the thing, there's at least a chance we could offer some educated guesses.

Latest posts

Back