TEAC M15 Racked

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signalflow

This past summer I had a friend of mine ask me to rack up a pair of M15's for him and to see if there was anything to upgrade in them.

Here are some pics.

l_2168b9b18db44a6ab460536eab882292.jpg

l_52dbf106dc8444f2a892e8226984c255.jpg

Changed the stock 4558(or whatever they were) to OPA2604AP in all positions, added a balancing board from the 9k project and bumped the voltage rails up to +-18V with a JLM power station.

I had a chance to track some bass through them and they sounded fantastic!!  Had another friend raving about his Avalon 737 so we did a test for fun and the TEAC's killed it in my opinion.

In the end he wanted the most I/O he could get so we ended up with the Mic/line input, insert, Aux A&B out unbalanced and a balanced direct out on each channel.

One thing, and I mentioned this in another thread, DO NOT use the 2U steel case from MPJA.com  the system holes will not line up with any rack you try to put it in.  It's either the top holes are used or, the bottom holes, not all 4.  Luckily enough the guy was cool about it.

-Casey

Neat!  Great work!

I'm actually looking for an entire 24 channel M15 console if anyone knows where to get one.  I have a Teac 5 board too, nice little guys if you do the balancing mods and cleanup work on them.  

signalflow said:
One thing, and I mentioned this in another thread, DO NOT use the 2U steel case from MPJA.com  the system holes will not line up with any rack you try to put it in.  It's either the top holes are used or, the bottom holes, not all 4.  Luckily enough the guy was cool about it.

-Casey

would it be possible to widen the holes or oval them to fit?

Siegfried Meier said:
Neat!  Great work!

I'm actually looking for an entire 24 channel M15 console if anyone knows where to get one.  I have a Teac 5 board too, nice little guys if you do the balancing mods and cleanup work on them.  

Dammit.... a friend of mine on the other side of town sold his last month.  :mad:

Ya man, these look terrific.  I'll be doing a pair for myself, but would still love an entire console someday as well!!

Nice work, I too thought it seemed odd that no one ever replied to this, but I totally missed this 2 years ago!

Sig

they're goin for 30 bucks a pop on ebay.  8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAC-MODEL-15-INPUT-MODULE-EXPANSION-REPLACEMENT-3-/160560373685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256224dfb5#ht_500wt_922

are the EQs on these modules useful at all? They're no 550s but I'm thinking about snagging one of these to use as a recording channel and mainly for the eq section. Any reviews would be helpful. :D

Latest posts

Back