So hows the weather at your location?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3nity

Here's its so cold i could barely stay 5 minutes outside..
Its at -25 Celsius downtown but here at my work its minus 40 celsius or more....
Its a big yard..no buildings nearby...

I wish i could be at 0 or more no less...
But anyways just wanted to move my fingers before i go out again ;)

Here in the north of Sweden the temp has hovered around -18C the past few days.
Good amount of snow this x-mas , about 50cm.

3nity is right.
I am seriously contemplating putting a shirt now!
It is so damn cold, and its probably worst for him, I was born here (Montreal)
But if I am not mistaken, 3nity comes from a land of the sun..!

It is a shock for immigrants when they get here in Montreal, we speak French, its routinely
-20C during winter... we get annually between 6 and 10 feet of snow (the shovel syndrome)and then  during summer its 30C (about95F) with 100% humidity and the beautiful girls of Montreal are half naked on the streets!! during one of those festival (jazz, just for laugh, beer, food, whatever) :p
I just love this place!! ;D ;D ;D
Luc

This Christmas in Sicily, where I live there was around +22°C, so some people have gone swimming in the sea !!. only because there was sirocco , but before the temperature was 5-10 °C .
The problem were some tornadoes so two boys died for these.

It's snowing again.

Now, this is Dutch snow, so it'll not be more than a foot or so. No big deal, except snow tends to bring out the total luser in the local drivers.

Mr. SUV, I'm talking to you. I'm cycling on the road because the bike lane is iced over. This might not be the best time to pass me with only inches to spare. If you must do so, please have the decency to take that cellphone from your ear so you can at least pretend to focus on the road.

Miss cyclista, same applies to you. You can plainly see that the local city council chooses not to clear the snow off the bicycle paths. Unless you want both of us to get intimate with the pavement, maybe you should wait until after we've cleared this rather sharp corner before overtaking me.

JD 'better late than the late...' B.
[on the flip side, this'll give DHL another good excuse not to show up tomorrow, in which case I'll not be making much progress with my current design until next week. Bah humbug]

Rain & drizzle in London as usual although snow last week ;D

I got back from Longford Ireland on Xmas Eve from a family funeral & it was -9  ::) whilst driving through the fog  :eek: Shivering locals were saying it rarely snows in that inland region while in areas nearer the coasts & Irish Sea, North Wales ect; there was no serious snow that I saw. I'm assuming that the snowfall in southern England last came from Scandinavia or the Continent?

As usual everything grinds to a halt as soon as the snow starts!! ::)

Current Conditions    
Peter Cooper Village, New York, New York (PWS)
Updated: 6:31 PM EST on December 29, 2009
17.3 °F
Clear
Windchill: 4 °F
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 8 °F
Wind: 26.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 34.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0.0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 123 ft

Tuesday      Wednesday    Thursday      Friday          Saturday
23° F | 16° F 31° F | 31° F 38° F | 34° F 38° F | 25° F 31° F | 20° F

Forecast for New York (Manhattan)
Updated: 3:57 PM EST on December 29, 2009
Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
Tonight
Mostly clear and windy. Lows around 17. Northwest winds 15 to 25
mph with gusts up to 45 mph...diminishing to 10 to 15 mph with
gusts up to 25 mph after midnight.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 30s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows around 30. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

It's damn cold and damn windy.

So i spent 15 minutes outside....(3 times 5 min)
Its horrible....

And yes immigrants dont like the local weather and everything that comes with it and by that i mean winter sports as they suck big time...
Something funny its that every local tv news were complaining about the fact that we were in december and no snow....so funny...now they have so much snow they stick it into their mouth with maple syroup....

Moscow had a nice plan this winter to dissipate every cloud possible to bring snow..if i'm not wrong..

Anyways its a season that doesnt last forever..
;D

Anyways its a season that doesnt last forever..
Grin

You are right.... it last only until mid April!!  :D ;D :D ;D

And then the guys in the prairies, and Edmonton, fort Chimo, nunavut, igloolik, Tukttuyaktuk...
I love these places....  :)

I've been working outside all day, laying under the car.  On cement.  It may only be 30F outside but that cement is COLD!!

8 degrees Fahrenheit, -13 degrees Celsius, very windy. Last night's wet snow has turned to crunch. The dogs go out and come right back in.

Happy Blue Moon!

Here, South of France but still 150km from the Mediterranean sea it's about 10C @day and 3C @night.
We've had some cold times about a week ago but they did not last long.
We're located halfway up a hill on aprox 500 mtr high. When you drive further up the hill you'll enter the "high plane" area which is 1250mtr high. Always 8C colder over there. In wintertime hard to reach without a 4 X 4. Only 1 hour drive to the south (and down to sea level) it gets warmer already, about 4C. There are cacti growing on south facing hills.

Usually in Winnipeg where i live , we get a couple week cold snap
where is doesn't get warmer than -25 to -35 C in January or so
I call it car breaking weather where you never see the sky because
you're huddled up going from car to building , building to car
it's a releif when you can look up again
Quite tiring
Again i offer all americans the chance to tade Toronto for Arizona
[ we'll also need a corridor to drive down  ]

what'd say eh ?  or maybe you'd rather join us , we can do the annex thing !

we have snow right now in berlin (not very often).
enough to build snowmen.

sadly my daughter is on holidays 700 km away, where it is +10 C and raining.

My plan for the future is to make some money so i could leave this place during winter....
Its not too far away..

Latest posts

Back