tascam US-1641 repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneypit

Happy New Year everybody, i've been summoned by a friend of mine to repair his trashcan 1641. seems like one of his furry friends knocked the thing over and it had an xlr plugged into ch1...knocked the xlr into the machine. i'm guessing a neutrik or whirlwind connector from the pics i see. has anybody here been in one yet? is it one continuous pc board across the front? he says something the size of a piece of corn fell out too and it has a "47" on it....i'm guessing 47uf cap. i'm trying to go up there with parts because there are no places to get parts up there. the pcb is probably sheared off...anybody have a schematic or a picture of the xlr assembly?any help would be appreciated............thanks, frank

I have one of these 1641s. I opened it up to see what the build quality was like and to see if it was worth upgrading any parts. It is nearly all very densly packed surface mount stuff in there. The XLRS are pcb mounted with components right up close to them. It is one continuous board along the front by the XLRs, with various daughterboards for the pots, outputs etc. I don't have schematics or photos and the unit is down at the studio, if it was to hand I would get some photos. Its quite a decent unit for the price. Features are basic but I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. Hope this helps in some way!

Back