Are these knobs too big?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearldrum944

Don't get me wrong, I want big knobs....but I'm wondering if maybe these are just a little too large.  I'm building a 1u GSSL.

These knobs have a lower diameter of .710 in inches, the diameter with the point is 1.09 inches.

http://www.newark.com/grayhill/11k5028-kcnb/knob/dp/11C3976

According to my math, this gives me about .14 inches from the longest edge of the knob to the top of the rack unit.  Is this enough distance?  

I definitely want lettering printed...I think this will be fine if I let the knob cover whatever digit it is selected to.  Does this look bad?

Thanks.

It might look a little silly on a 1U.
But it might be a look you like. Mock up a .71" knob with construction paper and place it on a 1U rackspace and see how you like it.

Thanks for the advice.  I ended up ordering a different style that I liked (I guess I'm particular...I could barely find any that I found attractive.)

I actually measured and cut out a piece of paper with the same dimensions...I think it would have worked, but with this being my first attempt at a DIY piece of gear...I really wanted to simplify my design.

Perhaps I could grab those kboob...I mean knobs and use them on a future project....with a 2u enclosure.

Latest posts

Back