Recording Studio Insurance Program [I NEED ONE HELP!!!]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS Audio

Im looking to buy a Recording Studio Insurance policy from a company thats licensed / bonded in most states, I've read a few posts elsewhere and some folks recommended Joe Montarello from the NYC area.

So those to whom have experience with this stuff, what do you recommend?? 
I have probably $10k - $15k of Recording/electronics [Incl. Musical Instruments]

Also I'd like to hear from any FL. residents what company(ies) they've deal(t) with???

Thnx,

I use Heritage for my guitar collection.  I think they do studio gear as well.  Very liberal policy, good rates.  Good customer service.  According to a friend/dealer, they are good on claims too.  Worth a call.

http://www.musicins.com/

someone recommended this a while back:
http://www.capitalbauer.com/data/content/view/32/52/
I have no direct knowledge of them though.

Emperor Tomato Ketchup said:
Have you heard anything bad about Heritage?

No, and I've heard good things about Heritage from friends in the Symphony who insure their instruments with them.

I had some conversations with Heritage; in the end I went with a local agent who got me a policy with State Auto; about the same price and coverage as Heritage, but I wanted the local-agent connection.

Peace,
Paul

ENS Audio said:
Im looking to buy a Recording Studio Insurance policy from a company thats licensed / bonded in most states, I've read a few posts elsewhere and some folks recommended Joe Montarello from the NYC area.

So those to whom have experience with this stuff, what do you recommend?? 
I have probably $10k - $15k of Recording/electronics [Incl. Musical Instruments]

Also I'd like to hear from any FL. residents what company(ies) they've deal(t) with???

Thnx,

I don't think there really is a special recording studio policy - they are covered under standard 'boilerplate' small business policies. There are brokers that "specialize" in recording studios and musicians, but that is just a marketing thing - the same group of underwriters is involved, no matter if it's a recording studio or an autobody shop.
If you are renting out your equipment, using your equipment somewhere other than your studio, or touring, you'll want what is known as Inland Marine insurance. This can be part of a standard policy.

What you want to find is an experienced local broker who covers small businesses. The broker and you discuss your coverage needs and then the broker shops for the best deals and presents them to you. The broker is usually not dealing directly with an underwriter, but instead with a large wholesaler.

It seems Insurance on rare musical instruments and special collections are usually underwritten by LLoyds of London, regardless of what specialty agency writes the policy. Since the coverage your looking for is relatively small, it will probably be LofL.

i just started a policy with Clarion, who is aimed toward musicians.

http://www.clarionins.com/

if it helps, i had somewhere in the range of 36,000 USD covered for 350ish a year.

Latest posts

Back