technology of the AKG BX spring reverbs, mainly the BX-20

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
Fairchild had a tube spring reverb; we had one at Barclay studios, but I never had the opportunity to listen to it; it had been decommissioning years before my time there (mid '70's)

Sorry for the off-topic post, but did Barclay have that custom console with Langevin amps/eq's and German faders while you were there? I always thought that was an odd configuration, and a beautiful desk.

best,

James

Yes, it was used for transfer for cassette production and radio copies.
I must say I don't remember it very well because it never had any problems.
I can't say the same about the infamous custom Neve...

abbey road d enfer said:
Yes, it was used for transfer for cassette production and radio copies.
I must say I don't remember it very well because it never had any problems.
I can't say the same about the infamous custom Neve...

Ouch! That must have made a very fine duplication console--I don't imagine that it still exists in one (or any) piece. Thanks for the note.

I don't know. I lost track when all the gear was sold at an auction (I think it was 1981). Purchased by someone who wanted to set up a mastering lab, but I think it didn't happen. Probably sitting in a basement somewhere...

Anyone know where I can find a coil, I've got a bad one in my BX-20. abbey road d enfer wrote about some NOS parts, hope some are around. They're pretty tiny so I don't know who would have them. Probably would have to salvage out of another non-working unit I'm guessing.
Anybody have any suggestions.
Thanks 

abbey road d enfer said:
I don't know. I lost track when all the gear was sold at an auction (I think it was 1981). Purchased by someone who wanted to set up a mastering lab, but I think it didn't happen. Probably sitting in a basement somewhere...

::sigh:: such a shame... I hate it when good pieces of gear are lying in a basement graveyard somewhere. We can only hope some engineering genius ends up landing himself a sick deal to purchase the whole lot of gear and brings it back to its former glory. :)

-Grant

Latest posts

Back