Scrap the Lynx, what about a digi 003?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO sell the piece and buy something better if you're unhappy with the performance.

Please respect my poverty. You need to underestimate my wallet and consider that if I can make something I bought three years ago sound better than a new, similar piece of gear costing 3x the amount, I'm going to peal the security tape from that box before you can say, "righteous indignation". 

;D

[quote author=Mark  link=topic=37124.msg471102#msg471102 date=1268590533]
IMHO sell the piece and buy something better if you're unhappy with the performance.
[/quote]

this would make perfect sense at gearsl*tz...
but, not here,
no mean of any offense  ;)

The Aurora can be made to perform so much better by simply switching out a single op amp (8 for 16 DAC channels), and properly done it's reversible and safe. Buying a better unit with the same channel count and feature set is three times as expensive. There are very few proprietery parts in there, all of them far away from the analog section. So it's a risk, but not an unreasonable one to take, I think.

sorry to dig up an old thread - but does anyone have any info on replacing the input buffer opamps on ADC with your own circuits - probably DOA? transformers. I am not looking for transparency - I already have good convertors for that - I am looking for a bit more vibe and colour like BURL etc etc.
I have looked into the forum but not come up with anything.

Back