My "mastering" D-AOC finally is done ! (recipe for antek power trafo inside)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
Looks great! My only tip would be to try Wima MPK instead of the Solen Fast caps, I found them to somewhat muffle the sound.

I also need to change the pots for stepped attenuators on my unit (Kubi mod as well).

hmm... did it really make such a difference? If so.. i'm gonna try, i have some nice 10uf WIMA's waiting in the box.  ;D

Matthew Jacobs said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but where are you guys getting these boards.... D-AOC, D-LA2A & PM660

I've looked everywhere... even silent:arts website...

Was this a group buy and has that ship already sailed?

Just curious...

J

The white boards were available more than a year ago. I think Volker is going to make them available again, when his webshop is up and running. Don´t think he´s going to make white colored PCB´s again, tho....  :(

Silvas said:
Matthew Jacobs said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but where are you guys getting these boards.... D-AOC, D-LA2A & PM660

I've looked everywhere... even silent:arts website...

Was this a group buy and has that ship already sailed?

Just curious...

J

The white boards were available more than a year ago. I think Volker is going to make them available again, when his webshop is up and running. Don´t think he´s going to make white colored PCB´s again, tho....  :(

Thanks, that's good to know... I'll definitely build some, thanks for sharing your pics

J

I have still two or three white D-AOC PCBs left ;)
the new batch might be boringly green.
(but I might add 10uF MKP10 footprints if you all like them over the Solens)
anybody ever tried Mundorf?

[silent:arts] said:
I have still two or three white D-AOC PCBs left ;)
the new batch might be boringly green.
(but I might add 10uF MKP10 footprints if you all like them over the Solens)
anybody ever tried Mundorf?

Whooooa ! Cool !

What about a few lm7806's instead ( you can run several if needed, just branch it out to the heaters )? If you put a diode on the ground leg you get right about 6.3 volts out, they seem to be more tolerant of closer input voltage, and can handle more current. I never understood this need to always use a variable regulator.......

Silvas said:
Do you mean a trimmer as a voltage divider or as variable resistance? can you explain?

I don't really know! I would try a series resistance at the top of the resistor string first and see if it works. That seems safe. Two voltage dividers in series doesn't seem like a good idea.

Gold said:
Silvas said:
Do you mean a trimmer as a voltage divider or as variable resistance? can you explain?

I don't really know! I would try a series resistance at the top of the resistor string first and see if it works. That seems safe. Two voltage dividers in series doesn't seem like a good idea.

Have to try that...and the feedback thing. We´ll see.

Great job...makes me a proud father. Maybe you guys can convince Volker to put some more boards out there.

analag aka Rowan

Back