Simple solo buss for remote recording

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixedupsteve

Hi everyone.
I'm looking for a schematic for a simple monitoring only rig for remote recording. Right now I'm either monitoring in software or taking a mixer with me. I just want to be able to listen to mix and solo channels.
8 to 16 channels wold be great.
Thanks,
Steve

I've seen plenty of consoles using a Solo bus. None that strike me as very simple.. 

There are even different types of solo...  I will assume you are talking about basic solo that is an additional bus that gets fed with just the selected inputs, and electronically switching this solo bus output into the control room monitor feed, without stepping on L/R mix.  There are also forms of solo that are destructive to the L/R mix but allow you to also monitor the effects returns with just the one solo'd source feeding it.

The only somewhat difficult part for the basic approach is cleanly switching the CR feed, but this depends on how clean you want to keep it. You could probably make something workable with some JFETs or CMOS transfer gates.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
I will assume you are talking about basic solo that is an additional bus that gets fed with just the selected inputs, and electronically switching this solo bus output into the control room monitor feed, without stepping on L/R mix.
JR
Yes. regular solo and the LR mix output only needs to go to the CR output also. One more thing I didn't mention. Since it's for multitrack recording with external pres it would be line level inputs and would need direct outs.

Back