Portico 5012 problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mlewis

i borrowed my colleagues portico pre's before xmas to record piano and got fantastic results (they really are my favourite pres for stuff like that). he's since tried to use them and they don't switch on anymore. if we take the power supply out the back and plug it into his portico comp then the comp powers up fine. likewise if we take the power supply for the comp and plug it into the pres it still doesn't power up so i'm ruling out the wall wart.

We've contacted the distributor who was a little puzzled since they'd never actually had a unit go wrong before. i'm a little nervous to go poking around without a schematic (as is the maintenance engineer at my studio). anybody ever run into this or have any info that might be helpful? i'd love to not have to ship them back to the states if i can help it.

many thanks...

Mark

well that seems to be the problem then i guess!! 11.5 volts in, more or less 0v out on all three output points. the 11.5 volts does feed through to another DC-DC convertor tho which seems to be for phantom since it's kicking out a couple of 24v and a 48v.

cheers!

Back